Chapter 14

The message comes in when Kylo is in the middle of leading a meeting about the scavenger girl that had been giving his entire organization problems for years now. Any time he felt like they were close, closer to her or closer to finding his uncle's hiding spot, the two would slip away; simply dematerialize from his hands. It was frustrating, and Kylo was done playing games. He was going to capture this woman and put an end to her crimes. He was going to imprison her, find the Resistance base and find the whereabouts of his uncle and destroy anyone who got in his way, and this meeting was to hype up, threaten, and encourage all of the Generals and Officers.

He felt the first vibration just when he thought he was getting his points across. When he could feel the anger and heat running through his veins, the vibration at his side was distracting him. It didn't immediately occur to him that it could be his family, his Lady telling him about his daughter, but when it did, he felt it wasn't important. She was always sending him pictures and updates on Lucy's progress during the day, and even though he did enjoy her messages, now was not the time to be admiring his beautiful family.

So he went on. Firing his men up and going over plans one last time, all the while his tablet was going off at his hip. Message after message, he was wondering if it wasn't her and there was some other emergency going on on the ship. As one of his men is giving him a report on the last mission to retrieve the girl he takes a quick glance at his tablet, unsheathing it long enough for him to see that all of his messages had come from home. There was a total of 12, enough to cover the entire screen and he puts his tablet to rest. He deemed them unimportant and promised he'd take a look when his meeting was over, but then, at the very last second, he feels like he might have misread one of the messages. He quickly brings his tablet back to life and reads over the shortest one:

Help us please I'm scared.

She was scared? What was she scared of? The Officer's words filter to the back of his mind as his eyes swept some of the other messages

Are you hurt? Someone is here saying you're hurt and you need us.

Kylo he's banging on the door and cursing. I'm scared. Are you hurt?

They're feeding some kind of tube under the door and I'm scared.

Kylo please answer me, I'm panicking!

By then, everything that was being said to him was running in one ear and out the other. He was trying to make sense of what she had sent to him, and no matter how many conclusions he drew none of it made sense. His mind immediately jumps to the worst case scenario, that they were being attacked and he was going to lose his family, and in the middle of the report he's being given he drops the paperwork he had been going over and runs as fast as his long legs could carry him. He knew the people he had been talking to would be confused, and he could feel all of their confused eyes on him as he rushed out of the meeting room. It didn't matter to him, because his family was in danger. And he would be damned if anyone was going to harm the smallest hair upon their heads.

The dash to his home only took fifteen minutes, and before he stormed down his hallway he took a moment to calm himself, to feel around with the Force and see what kind of mess he was getting into. By all means, he was prepared to take down whoever it was that was causing his woman so much stress, but he didn't want to go in guns blazing and potentially cause more harm to his family. He focuses all of his Force energy to give him a rough view of the hallway outside of his home, but he doesn't feel any raging, uncontrolled energy. Instead he feels one person who is calm, yet frustrated. They're speaking, but they're quiet enough so that he can't hear them from around the corner. He's furious, and in an instant he's turning the corner to confront them.