Chapter 1: Taken

Hi! This story is a short chaptered story. It's 4 chapters. I hope you like it!

Taehyung leaned against the building and lit a cigarette. He shut his eyes, the sky, and the air was oddly clear tonight. Eerily it was calm as well. In a city that was usually filled with crime, where distant sirens were heard throughout the night. All was still. And what got him the most was for once the cold of the night didn't bother him. It actually felt good. He wondered if he stayed long enough would he perhaps freeze to death.

He inhaled his cigarette with a chuckle from his morbid thoughts. Did he enter another realm without realizing it? As odd as that may sound, other realms weren't a stranger to him. He often found his spirit wandering to places. Places both tangible and intangible.

He exhaled the smoke, the mixture of smoke and the cold air leaving his breath formed in front of him.

He hated this place, what would it take to get him away? What would it take for him to permanently stay in an intangible realm? Where no one could reach him. No one could hurt him or use him the way they wanted. Somewhere he could feel safe and protected.

"Taehyung." He turned around and looked at the man standing in front of the door.

"How long until you finish?"

He let out a bitter laugh. "I literally just lit my cigarette. Can I finish it in peace without being rushed?"

The man's eyes narrowed. "After all these years Hyorin-nim spent training and molding you, you still have a foul attitude."

He shrugged. "Don't touch the fire if you can't handle the heat."

The man held his fist up ready to strike the younger man. "Why you little piece of shi-"

"Dae-Suk!" A woman's voice came behind him and he immediately bowed deeply. As she stepped out the black car with tinted windows, two men dressed black three-piece suits came out of the car. She tugged her black fitted dress down a bit and a man slid her chinchilla fur coat on. She was handed a long black cigarette holder and placed it to her lips as one of the men placed a lit cigarette in it.

"Hyorin-nim." He whispered.

She inhaled her cigarette and her red painted lips formed a circle as she exhaled the smoke.

"Dae-Suk, you weren't about to hit my Taehungie were you?"

"N-N-No ma'am." He swallowed hard. "We were just having a conversation about his behavior. It seems he doesn't know his place and he has no respect for those older than him."

She walked over to Taehyung and smiled when he kissed her cheek. She glared at Dae-Suk.

"He knows his place and who gives a damn about age when his rank is higher than yours."

The man shivered. She cupped Taehyung's face. "He is my most prized possession and I accept him to be treated with nothing but high respect. Understand me?"

The man trembled gripping his fists. Sweat rolled down the side of his temple as he nodded.

"U-Understood."

"What were you doing Taehyung-ah?"

"Having a cigarette break but Dae-Sukie interrupted it and I didn't even enjoy it." He sighed.

"It's okay my baby, you can have another cigarette and I will make sure no one bothers you."

"Thank you Hyorin-nim." He kissed her cheek again.

"Anything for my baby. Dae-Suk get in here now!" She snapped and he stood up straight following her into the building. Once the door shut, he felt able to breathe again.