Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine:
The Gay Agenda Has Been Fulfilled
.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

Addison could still feel the adrenaline pumping through her veins as she rested her head on Max's shoulder.

"They didn't believe you, did they?" Dustin asked after Hopper roughly slammed the phone down.

"We'll see."

"We'll see? No-" Addison shook her head.

"We'll see? We can't just sit there while those things are on the loose!" Mike shouted, waving his hands for emphasis.

"We stay here, and we wait for help." Hopper spoke sternly as he walked away.

Max gently rubbed her thumb against Addison's hand. "Are you okay, weirdo?"

Addison nodded her head. "Yeah, I'm okay."

"Okay? No way. Mike said you had a seizure!" Lucas shook his head in disbelief.

"You had a seizure? Addison, why the hell didn't you tell me?"

"Shut up, Max. This isn't what any of us need right now." Mike glared at her.

After his words, silence fell over them. Addison's eyes trailed over Mike as he slowly walked over, picking up a blue cube before speaking.

"Did you guys know that Bob was the original founder of Hawkins AV?"

"N-No.." Addison shook her head, her cheek rubbing against the green fabric of Max's jacket.

"Really?" Lucas tilted his head.

"Yeah.. He petitioned the school to start it and everything. Then he had a fundraiser for equipment."

Addison began to sniffle as she shut her eyes to prevent from crying.

"Mr. Clarke learned everything from him." Mike slowly walked over, handing the cube to Addison. "Pretty awesome, right?"

"Right." She nodded her head in agreement.

"We can't let him die in vain."

"Well, what do you want to do, Mike? The chief's right on this, plus Addie shouldn't be doing anything after her seizure, and we can't stop those Demo-dogs on our own."

"Demo-what now?" Addison popped open an eye.

"Demo-dogs?"

"Demogorgan.. dogs.." Dustin placed his hands together, "Demo-dogs.. It's like a compound. It's like a.. like a play on words-"

"Okay." Max interrupted, "We get it."

"I mean, when it was just Dart, then maybe.."

"But there's like, an army now.." Lucas shook his head.

"Precisely!"

"I watched this movie once, with Mike and Lucas, where they used, like, this super super high pitched sound... and all their heads exploded. The monsters, not the humans."

"His army."

"What do you mean?" Steve asked from the corner of the room.

"His army!" He pointed at Will. "Maybe if we stop him, we can stop his army, too!"

Addison's eyes widened and she quickly stood up, taking the paper from Mike's hands.

"The shadoe monster-"

"It got Will that day on the field." Mike cut Dustin off, "The doctor said it was a virus, it infected him!"

"And so.. this virus, it's connecting him to the tunnels?" Max tilted her head, glancing over at the shorter girl.