Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Twenty-One:
"Cause, Girl, I'd Marry You With A Ring Pop!"
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"It can't be good for her to be in there this long." Mike ranted, pacing back and forth in the cabin's living room.

"Mike, you need to relax." Max said, her fingers working through Addison's hair as she braided it.

Addison nodded in agreement, "El's got this, Mike. She's like.. super duper powerful. There's no reason for us to worry, she has her limits, sure. But she knows them a whole lot better than any of us."

"Well, what if she gets brain damage or something?" Mike stopped in his tracks, crossing his arms as he tapped his foot against the wooden floors repeatedly.

"Oh, shit. Is that like a real thing?" Lucas looked up from the box of cereal he held in his hands.

"No, it's not. He made it up." Max said, tying the ends of Addison's hair up with the hairtie.

"Lucas, I-" Addison started, cutting herself off, "Brain damage is real, yeah, but.. It's not gonna come from this."

"Right. Mike doesn't know what the hell he's talking about." Max continued, wrapping an arm around Addison's shoulders and planting a kiss on her cheek.

"Oh, and you do?" Mike snapped, his glare hardening.

"No, I-" Addison huffed as the pair began to argue relentlessly. She groaned standing from her chair and walking over to where Nancy, Jonathan, and Will were in the kitchen. Shortly followed by Max and Mike.

"Okay, can you guys settle an arguement for us?" Max asked, stopping in front of Nancy and crossing her arms. "Who do you think should decide El's limits? Mike or Eleven?"

"The way that you framed that is such bullshit!" Mike accused. Addison sighed, sharing a look with Lucas as the arguement began to heat up again.

"It's not bullshit! Mike, this is your whole problem and it's also precisely the reason why she dumped your ass!"

"El dumped you?" Nancy's mouth fell open in shock.

"Yeah! Because all three of them are conspiring against me!" Mike accused, pointing at Max and Addison. "They're corrupting her."

"I would never do that, Mike. You should know this by now.." Addison scoffed, shaking her head.

"And we're enlightening her. The fact is she's not yours. She's her own person capable of making her own decisions." Max argued, her glare set on him sending him six feet under.

"She's risking her life for no reason."

"For no reason? Mike, the flayed are out there doing God knows what."

"Killing, flaying-"

"Eating."

"Transforming into monsters."

"And El's not stupid. She knows her abilities better than any of us." Nancy explained softly, crossing her arms.

"Exactly! Thank you."