Chapter Twenty Four

Chapter Twenty Four:
Wicked Cool
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Addison jumped at the sound of the car alarm blaring, echoing throughout the empty mall. She had always hated that sound. "Holy shit!"

Addison covered her mouth with her hands as Eleven launched the car forward, effectively and hopefully killing the Russians standing in the way. She brushed forward, pulling Max with her and gripping the railing with her free hand. "Steve, Dustin, Robin, Erica! Hi!"

"H-Hi!" Steve stammered, slowly raising his hand and waving to the girl.

Steve stumbled back as Addison launched herself into his arms. "Steve!"

"Hey, kiddo." Steve laughed, ruffling her hair as she pulled away. "What'd I miss?"

"Ha, ha, ha! You flung that thing like a hot wheel!" Dustin pulled Eleven and Mike into a hug.

"Holy moley, Steve! You missed so much! Wait, what happened to your face? Did you lose another fight? Nevermind that, tell me later.  So first off, um, I'm gonna get married. With a ring pop, actually, you can be my maid of honor. We'll put you in a dress and everything! Anyways, there was this huge creature at the hospital! Like, I'm talking huge huge huge, like massive, bigger than a building, anyway, then it showed up at Eleven's cabin where we were, also Billy's flayed, and so is Heather. Pretty sure she's the one you hooked up with, right? Yeah, right. Anyways, El messed her leg up after, like, I don't know, ripping that thing in half. It was wicked cool, even if I missed it because I had a seizure, and we have fireworks to fight this monster." Addison rambled, words flying out of her mouth a million miles a minute, "Oh! And how could I have forgotten! We're all gonna die!"

"Why'd she say that so happily?" Robin asked slowly, blinking as she watched the girl.

"She's just like that." Dustin answered, "And we love her for it-"

"Woah, woah, wait, did you say you had a seizure? Addie-"

"Not important, Steve." Addison cut him off, waving to Max as the girl appeared with Nancy, Lucas, Jonathan, Mike, Will, and Eleven.

"Lucas?" Erica tilted her head when her eyes fell onto her brother.

"What are you doing here?" Lucas asked urgently.

"Ask them! It's their fault!" Erica jutted her thumb to Dustin, Steve, and Robin.

"True, yeah.. Totally true, it's absolutely our fault." Steve nodded quickly.

"I don't understand what happened to that car.." Robin said, unable to pull her eyes from the damaged car.

"El did!" Addison answered cheerfully, "She's wicked cool."

"Yeah, she has superpowers." Dustin said.

"I'm sorry?"

"Superpowers." Steve repeated, "She threw it with her mind. Come on, catch up."

"Like professor X." Addison nodded.

"That's El?" Erica asked, pointing to El.

"Who's El?"