Chapter Twenty-Two

Chapter Twenty-Two:
Scary As Fuck
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"He said he was building something." Eleven explained, fiddling with her fingers in her lap. "That it was all for me."

"Building something..." Max trailed off, pulling her eyes from Eleven to look at Addison. "Is he talking about the flayed?"

"He must be." Nancy answered.

"So, he's building an army. Just like we thought." Lucas let out a puff of air, pacing back and forth.

"Yeah, but he's not building this army to spread." Mike said, looking ahead worriedly at Eleven.

"He's building it to stop Eleven." Will realized.

"Last year, El closed the gate on him. I have a feeling that really pissed him off-"

"Like royally."

"I wouldn't be too happy." Addison said, cutting him off.

"And the mind flayer now knows that she's the only thing that can stop him. But if she's out of the way..." Mike trailed off.

Addison made a croaking noise, dragging her thumb across her neck to symbolize death.

"Game over."

"He also said he was gonna kill all of you."

An awkward silence fell over the room as Max tightened her grip on Addison's hand."Yeah? Well, that's nice."

The sound of distant screeching caused the hair on the back of Addison's neck to stand up as she looked towards the closed window behind her. "Max?"

"It's.. probably the carnival." Max said as Nancy pushed herself off of the wall.

"Do you guys hear that?" Nancy said slowly, her eyes focused on the window.

"It's just the fireworks."

"Billy." Nancy realized, turning around quickly to look at Eleven. "When he told you this, it was here, in this room?" Nancy asked urgently.

Eleven nodded slowly, causing Addison's heart to sink. "That means-

"He knows we're here." Will realized, reaching his hand up to touch the back of his neck.

"Shit." Addison cursed, joining the group as they left the cabin. Upon seeing the monster, now at least ten times as large as it was the last time she had seen it, she felt her legs become jelly. "Shit!"

"Addie, babe, let's get back in the cabin." Max said slowly, turning her head to look at her. Addison nodded quickly, darting into the cabin, causing Max to stumble behind her.

"We should barricade the windows." Addison nodded slowly, looking around at each of the windows.

Mike nodded in agreement. "El, help me with this table."

Addison carefully picked the lamp up and laid it on the couch gently, not wanting to break it. She picked up the table and placed it on top of the bookshelf, with the help of Lucas.