ii

Feel free to check out my other kny x reader stories (*^^*)

Days went by quicker than expected, the rise of number in monsters beginning to outnumber you all  as you and other villagers tried to keep the safety of your village.

"It's getting out of hand!"
An angry man exclaimed, slamming his hands onto the table that the village meeting was taking place on. Various other people nodding along with him.

"But what can we do about it?!"
A leeny man exclaimed, his grey hair tried into a bun as he leaned over the table.
"We've been fighting them for decades! No one knows how to stop them!"

The woman besides him, a short and chubby woman that's mostly known for her delicious cooking, nodded to his words.
"Yeah! Our great great ancestors had been fighting them since they were little! Theres nothing we can do except continue fighting them off!"

The debate between what to do continued, anger evident on everyone's faces as you along with the village chief, your father, sat at the end of the table. Arms crossed and displeased looks on your faces.

"QUIET!"
He snapped suddenly, surprising you and everyone else as silence instantly appeared. All sitting on their seats as they paid attention to the mighty man.

He pinched the bridge of his nose, an agitated sigh escaping his lips as he tried to calm down the pounding headache that was tearing his head in two.

"We cannot evacuate the village."
He sighed, placing both hand on the table to lean towards everyone.
"It's too late to do that with the number of soldiers we got. If it does come to that decision then women and children will be evacuated first."
He explained, everyone nodding along to his speech.
"We continue fighting them until our last breath. We are soldiers. It is practically our job to die on the battlefield."

Grief washed over everyone's faces. It wasn't something they wanted to come to terms to, however it seemed like they had to with the looks of how the monsters are evolving so far.

"We just have to pull through. For our next generation,"
He sighed, waving his hand towards you who stared at him with wide eyes.
"And the one after them."

"Father-"
You tried speaking up, standing out of your seat only to get pushed back by him. You knew where this was heading far too well."

"Silence y/n."
He said sternly.
"You never belonged with the soldiers."

"But I fight better than many!"

"You. Do. Not. Belong. There."

His voice was dangerous. Daring you to disobey him and see what actions he's willing to make to keep you down.

Your cheeks puffed up angrily, your fists balling before you stormed out of the hut. Leaving everyone to stare at your retreating figure.

"He's such an asshole!"
You screamed, swinging your sword at the tree once more as Alex laid on the ground, watching you have your tantrum in a bored manner.

"I'm telling you! He's sexist! I'm the best soldier in this village and he just threw me away like that?!"
You screeched, continuing to pierce your blade into the bark.

Your tantrum continued for another ten minutes until you flopped down next to the horse, the poor tree's bark now completely mangled and chopped as you panted for air.

"I'm...gonna...kill every...monster...."
You said between breaths, turning to Alex with a grin.
"I'll prove that I'm worthy to be a soldier."

"You're gonna need some directions for that.."
A voice chuckled, your body instantly shooting up in an alert manner.

The old woman chuckled as she walked towards you, your body instantly calming down once seeing its only her.

"Oh nana... you scared me."
You laughed, placing a hand to your chest as she sat besides you.

Her wrinkled face curved into a smile, her eyes staring at you lovingly before deciding to speak her business here.

"I heard about what happened at the meeting."
She muttered, your mood instantly turning bitter again.

"Yeah."
You sneered.
"Old man is kicking me out of the defence group."

Her dark eyes turned to you, her mouth turning into a frown as her hand reached up to stroke your cheek.

"You really want to see the world, dont you?"
She muttered as your eyes guiltily looked away from her, only causing a laugh to erupt from her.
"It's nothing bad sweetheart! Just means you'll have to be wary of the danger."

Your eyes snapped back to her, the e/c shade lighting up beautifully in the setting sun.

"What are you getting at nan?"
You asked impatiently as she laughed.

Reaching into her pocket, she pulled out a necklace. A beautiful rock tied onto a brown string which she placed around your neck.

"Deep in the woods, lives a man."
She begun, ignoring your desperate sigh.
"They call him king of the beasts for his terrifying strength."

"Yes, yes, he was raised by the wolves and he will save us all. I know nana-"

"Let me finish you impatient child!"
She scolded as you immediately shut your mouth. Letting the old woman kneel behind you to braid your hair.
"He was raised by the wolves after his mother sacrificed herself for their safety. He lives among them, like a wild animal. But do not be fooled, he has a heart of gold. He will save humanity from the monsters that hunt them down, he will be the saviour to all."
She breathed out, her soft hands running through your hair.
"But he will not do it alone."

Your eyes snapped up, never having heard this part of the story before.

"A young warrior with courage made of metal will stand besides him, teaching him the ways of humans and the way of their life. And they too will help him bring peace to our world."
She smiled.

"A young warrior..?"
You breathed out, turning your face to look at her.

Her face was comforted into a peaceful smile, a slow nod being all it took for you to spring up. New found energy coursing your veins.

"Be careful my child."
She warned, standing to her feet along side you to plant a caring kiss on your forehead.
"There will be new found dangers up ahead. Ones you had never dealt with before."

You smiled at her, your bright teeth shown to the world before jumping onto Alex. The brown horse neighing.

"I'll save the world nana. And when I do, we'll all go explore the entire world together!"
You cheered, watching her wave goodbye before whipping the leather around your companions face.

Beginning your search for the king of the beasts.

|| prince inosuke || an inosuke x reader fanfic|| COMPLETED ||जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें