xv

The cool breeze flew over the forest, the burnt land from the giant acid god having destroyed just about everything in its path.

It was complete silence.

The forest lay dead.

Alas, after every rainstorm, comes a rainbow.

A small, humanoid white creature was lifted from the ground, its head tilting to the left slowly before letting out a joyous rattle.

The grass began to grow, the tree's leaves appearing once again and waving to the regrowing land in a peaceful and graceful manner.

And with the awakening land, came the awakening heroes.

Green eyes struggled to open, the blinding light of the sun making him groan as he lifted an arm to cast a shadow over his face. He was at loss for energy. However upon hearing the melodic song that nature was singing around him, he shot up.

Trees, taller and stronger than before stood tall around him. The leaves and grass swayed in the wind peacefully, their colour greener than ever before.

But that was the least of his worries.

"Y/N?!"
He called out, stumbling up to his feet and begin the search for you.

His eyes were clouded with worry, scanning every direction for a sign of you. Alas, he couldn't find you.

His feet hit the healthy grass heavily, his hair whipping around in all directions his head would turn to. His breathing was rushed and jagged but he really couldn't care less. All that he cared about was finding you and knowing you were safe.

It wasn't until he couldn't run any longer, when he fell into his knees and let tears crawl out of his green treasures that something caught his eye. Off in the distance, the god of the forest's figure could be seen walking towards him, an unconscious figure laid on his back.

"y/n..."
He breathed out, wasting no time to trip back onto his feet and sprint towards the god.
"Thank you!"
He exclaimed happily, reaching the god who happily bent down so the male could grab a hold of you.

The deer-like creature bowed, whether in gratitude or in sorry was a mystery to inosuke, however, he sent a silent thanks for saving him to the male and to you before going on his way, gracefully leaving small patches of flowers with every step he took.

Inosuke watched the god disappear from his sight, his eyebrow raising in slight confusion as to the God's weird behaviour. But not long did he have to dwell on that confusion, soon feeling your body stir in his arms slightly as his head snapped down to you.

"Y/n?"
He called out, a relieved smile dancing on his lips once seeing your e/c orbs peek open to the world.

"Inosuke?"
You groaned, narrowing your eyes that soon trailed down to your once infected arm, eyes widening when seeing it completely healed and back to normal.
"THE CURSE!"
You gasped, Inosuke laughing along as he sat down on the grass to place you between his legs, intertwining his hand in yours.

"It's gone."
He smiled, wrapping his free arm around your waist to cradle you close.
"We're safe."

"And what happened next granny?"

The old woman chuckled at the children's excited behaviour, the group of young ones that huddled around her along with the adults that also listened in the background.

"Well,"
She smiled, her eyes trailing up to look at the stars that danced in the dark sky above them.
"Some say they lived happily ever after in the forest, helping the gods and keeping peace between the territories of the gods and the humans. Others say they became gods themselves, happily roaming the lands together forever. All I know is that they lived happily ever after."
She smiled, nostalgia hitting her like a truck at the thought.

She could still remember it as if it were yesterday.

The day when lady Eboshi came back to her village and announced a peace treaty with the gods and the king of beasts and brave soldier.

Inosuke and y/n had created peace for the world, always watching over the people and the creatures of the land.

And not far away, two figures sat on two giant wolves, watching the old lady tell their stories to the children from on top of the mountain.

"So?"
Inosuke smirked, turning to look at you whom rolled your eyes, already knowing where he was going with this.
"Up for a little adventure?"

You scoffed.
"Thought Inosuke needed help from no one."
You shrugged slyly, quoting his words from the many, many years ago.

"Oh come on."
He laughed, nudging your side with his elbow.
"You're an exception. Gotta have my queen by my side."

The moon casted a magical light onto your features, catching him by surprise for a second as he got lost in your eyes, and you made sure to take that to your advantage as you took your head start.

"LAST ONE THERE IS A ROTTEN EGG!"

"HEY NO FAIR!"

And a happily ever after you got. Dancing with the male in the stars when your time on earth was over.

The end.