Royai Christmas 2019

It was a bright, cold day in late December (Christmas Eve to be exact) and Team Mustang was fading despite it only being around 1500 hours. Flurries of white danced down from the grey skies, covering the earth below in a thin layer of white powdery snow. Of course 1st Lieutenant Riza Hawkeye had finished her work hours ago as per usual — but the rest of the team was dragging.
"Ughhhhhhh" Havoc threw his pen down and leaned back in his chair. He looked completely and utterly defeated.
"That's a fat mood, Havoc." Breda said clicking his own closed and leaning back into a reclining position.
"How? How do you do it, Hawkeye?" Havoc asked as he redirected his attention to the Lieutenant who was calmly reading a book.
"I get here on time and I don't dawdle." She responded flatly.
Havoc only groaned in response.
Roy cleared his throat. "So, what are we all doing to Christmas tomorrow?"
"Literally nothing." Breda responded.
"Why don't we all go out together?" Fuery suggested.
"Drinking?" Havoc perked up.
"No... I meant more of like ice skating in Central Square around the Christmas tree. It's open tonight until midnight to celebrate Christmas!" Fuery responded.
"Sounds great." Falman commented.
"Lieutenant, would you come as well?" Fuery asked knowing that she never really went out.
"That does sound like fun. Sure thing." She responded.
"Perfect! I'll meet you there at 9?" Roy asked everyone.
Everyone nodded in agreement.

Later that night, Riza walked into Central Square. She could see families and couples getting skates around and skating around the massive Christmas tree that had been put up. Brightly colored lights decorated all of the buildings in the vicinity, but white lights and silver ornaments were what adorned the tree itself. Riza pulled her black jacket a little tighter as a cold wind blew. Eventually she saw the entire team standing at the entrance of the square where people paid for tickets.
"Glad you could make it Lieutenant!" Fuery said with a smile.
The gang all paid for skates and entered the skate village. They found a set of benches where they changed their shoes for skates.
"Everybody ready?" Roy asked.
Everyone nodded and stood. Well, Havoc almost fell down.
"Cmon man! We're not even on the ice yet!" Breda mocked.
They finally made it onto the ice and Roy, Riza, Falman, and Fuery immediately started skating with the crowd. Once they had gotten about halfway around, Roy skated over to the wall and stopped. Riza, Falman, and Fuery stopped next to him.
"Where's Havoc and Breda?" Roy asked.
"Don't know sir." Fuery said scratching his head.
All of a sudden, Falman began to snicker. He pointed across the rink where the two men were grabbing onto the wall and each other as they slipped and scrambled on the ice.
"Oh man... I'm sorry! It's just so funny!" Falman commented.
The gang skated over to where their friends were struggling.
"I didn't think it would be this hard!" Breda groaned as he pulled himself off the ice yet again.
"How are you guys so good at this!? How often do you come?" Havoc asked.
"I haven't been in years." Roy responded.
"Me neither." Falman said.
"I guess it's just muscle memory from when I was a child." Riza commented.
"I come every winter." Fuery laughed.
The gang continued to skate around the rink — this time stopping occasionally to help their friends. When it was time for the Zamboni, they made their way into the lodge and bought hot coffee and hot chocolates.
"I'm actually having a ton of fun with you guys." Havoc said after taking a sip of his coffee.
"You say that as if you weren't expecting to." Roy said with a frown. "Are we not fun anymore?"
"You know what I mean." Havoc told him.
"This has been a great holiday." Falman commented.
"Hey so what's happening at midnight?" Breda asked.
"They're changing the lights on the tree from rainbow to white lights and lighting the star at the top." Fuery said.
"Oh that'll be beautiful." Roy commented.
"Perfect for a midnight kiss!" A voice said from behind.
The gang spun around to see Hughes behind them.
"Hey! Didn't expect to see you here." Roy greeted.
"I'm here with my darling Gracia and my beautiful daughter Elysia." His eyes sparkled as he spoke.
"Of course you are." Havoc said jokingly.
"Anyway, the zamboni is gone now so I'm going to head back out and skate. Then at midnight my beautiful wife and I will share a kiss! Roy, you should also get yourself a wife." Hughes said as he skipped away.
Team Mustang made their way back onto the ice where the skates around for the next hour. They had races and even tried to do some figure skating moves just for shits and giggles. It ended with them on the floor but they laughed it off. Finally, it was 11:58. All of the couples, everyone to be exact, had stopped skating to watch the tree. Team Mustang skated to a stop from where they were. Everyone was pretty scattered, except for Roy and Riza who had been chatting.
Roy skated up behind Riza and tapped her shoulder.
"It's beautiful tree." She told him as the lights changed and the fireworks and cheering had begun.
Christmas carols began blasting over the loud speaker and people began to shout "Merry Christmas"
"It doesn't hold a candle to you, Hawkeye." Roy said softly.
Riza turned to face him, completely shocked by his bold outburst. Before she got a chance to speak, he leaned in and kissed her. When he pulled away, Riza was blushing.
"Merry Christmas... Riza." He said her name carefully. "I apologize I do not have a physical gift for you at this moment... I had ordered something but then it got delayed and well... yeah..." he babbled.
Riza's smile grew. "To receive something as special as a kiss from you... that is the best gifts I could have ever asked for. I have something for you as well." Roy looked relieved she did not shoot him for kissing her so suddenly. Then, before he could question her, she threw her arms around him and pulled him close until their lips met once again.
"Merry Christmas... Roy." She said. "And just wait until you see my outfit tomorrow." She laughed as she skated away.
Roy's face turned bright red from the kiss. Then, it registered in his mind what his lieutenant had told him. He skated frantically after her. "IS IT A MINISKIRT!?"