Chapter 2: Introduction

-Chomp-

-Munch munch-

I made these weird noises while I was eating my DIY cookies on the bus. They're homemade cookies but not really homemade, cause all I did was bought round cookies and add strawberry jam between two of em and they're done. So I call them DIY cookies instead. 

Eating on the bus was not allowed, but the bus driver didn't care. It's been 2-hours, and we were all doing it, and he was driving, so there wasn't really a good reason to care.

I looked out the window to see the second last station zooming closer towards us.

"Nives, Nives!" I shouted, shaking Nives' shoulder, she was sitting on the left side, sleeping. Her head was supposed to be on my shoulder, but I was too short, so it was kind of on my head.

Nives woke up, she looked like she was still half asleep, like usual.

"Nives, were almost there," I said.

"Oh, where are we going?" She asked.

"To school."

"Right."

She straightened up and looked around, the bus was now crowded, all the seats were taken, ours were at the back so it wasn't so bad, but the front was filled with people.

And not to mention, filled with spirits too.

But the bus is crowded, and the streets are even more crowded.

I looked out the window again and saw the bustling city, filled with spirits. Folks, get yer spirits today! They come in all shapes and sizes, every color you can imagine, even in colors you CAN'T imagine. There are big ones, small ones, weird ones and ones that don't even have a size, amazing right? They walk, they swim, they sink, and they fly. They're everywhere doing everything and anything ya could think of.

As the bus headed closer to the city, ya would see more and more spirits, until it was almost impossible to make out the people in any crowd.

I slouched in my seat to tuck my head under the window. My head wasn't that high up anyway, I was short so it was easy.

"Nives, can we trade bodies?" I asked.

"No?" Nives said while giggling,

"Is it about your height again Jeyne?" she asked.

And I said nothing. Cause she was right.

"I wish I was taller"

"In time Jeyne," she replied.

"Why do you want to be tall anyway Jeyne?" She asked, she didn't need to use my name so much, but she did cause she thinks my name's cute.

"It's good to feel like," I said, but I didn't finish.

'Feel like you could see everything around you', I thought. Being on the bus makes it easy for me. I don't need to worry about what's around me and where I go, I can always look at what's in front of me. And back in the countryside, I wouldn't need to worry about crowds, because there aren't any, and not many spirits too.

But here in the city, it always feels like I'm suffocating. Drowning in the sea of people, in the sea of spirits.

"-like I'm tall and... tall, and tall." I said.

Nives laughed aloud, "Jeyne being tall isn't a fEeLiNG," she said this in a weird way, "It's just being a bit taller."

"But you get to feel the 'tallness' too!"