Chapter 3: Goddess of Spirit

"A love letter?! How do you know it's a love letter!?" A girl said.

"It was a pink envelope with a little heart on it, it has to be a love letter!" Another one replied

Amanda was at the corner of the classroom, she who heard the news was in shock, she didn't know what to believe, her boyfriend had just sent a love letter to another girl, and what more, it was to the queen of all queens in the school, Jeyne Scarlet.

Jeyne Scarlet is the prettiest girl in the school, everyone knew that, and everyone agreed with it. Not just on the outside but even more on the inside. She's kind to everyone she meets, a little dumb when it came to common sense but even to her, someone she doesn't know, Jeyne treated her like she was family. Her name was Amanda Henle Ronswell. She's dating a guy named Ronny Conner.

Ronny loves tennis. Back when he was a beginner in tennis, he met Amanda in a preliminary match for a small school tennis competition. They knew each other ever since. Amanda doesn't play tennis anymore, she gave up tennis 2 years ago and started working with plants. She loves gardening.

To her, plants were like a world of its own, unique, peaceful and leisurely. It was completely different from playing tennis. Tennis was competitive and tiring, and Amanda didn't like that type of pacing.

She was never the best at tennis but out of hard work, she came out as one of the best players they had in Kitty Muffins Elementary. Against Ronny, even Ronny could not beat Amanda when it comes to stamina, but that was 2 years ago.

Now they were a complete mismatch, a tennis player and a botanist wannabe. But even so, Amanda knew Ronny like they were soulmates, they shared everything with each other.

To her, the love letter was news to her. That never happens. She didn't know what to think of it, she was afraid.

Amanda ran across the hallways searching for the school queens, cause the school queens always stuck together, they're like a team.

She searched the whole school, running as she did. Soon it was evening, and school was almost over.

But just then, she found them, but only three of them

They were walking down the hallways, passing time until school was over.

"Is Jeyne still not done yet?" Telly asked, looking like she's about to doze off. She was still walking.

"Don't ya think we should be preparing for the party or something, than just walking while we wait?" Judy asked.

"It's finee, relax Judy, we have a lot of time after school." Telly continued.

"Oh my gosh! It's the school queens!" someone exclaimed.

"It's the Austere Princess, Judy Zandra!!"

Is that even a compliment, Judy thought.

"And the Cool Tomboy, Nives Quinn!!"

Nives heard it but it felt more like an insult that anything else. But a nickname is a nickname, she was happy to be called a 'Queen'.

"And the Sleeping Beauty, Telly Oliver!!!"

"WHY DOES SHE GET THE BEST NICKNAME!?" Both Judy and Nives exclaimed. They're agreeing with something for once.

"But where's the queen of all queens?" someone whispered.

"You're right, she's not here,"

"Nives!" Amanda shouted, running towards them.

"Mh?"

"My- the letter..." Amanda said, haphazardly and out of breath, and tears started flowing a bit, a lot.