ONE

"How old are you?"

"I one!" Eli grinned.

"How old is mummy?"

"A teen!" That was how Eli said eighteen. He was so damn cute.

"That's right baby, now say Eighteen."

"Ape teen?" He inquired with a grimace, trying to understand the pronunciation.

I corrected him until he got it right, then he  could get his chocolate milk and cookies.

We were behind a dumpster of a convenience store and gas station, it was four in the afternoon and I was in need of an afternoon nap, however, it was in the middle of nowhere, but tomorrow we were going to continue our journey south.

"Mummy, I want milk and cookies." Eli pouted.

"Okay, Babe, you shall get your milk and cookies."

He reached out to me, making grabby hands with a pout.

I picked him up, resting him on my hip, "Come on, Toot."

He swung his legs as we walked in, his arms wrapped around my neck as he hummed a little melody I didn't recognize.

I set him down to get the chocolate milk from the top shelf, and the cookies behind me.

"Okay, Buddy let's go."

I turned around to find him gone.

Carefully, I treaded through the store, calling out his name.

Midway through, I found him sitting on a stranger's lap.

I cleared my throat, "Hi. Uh, that's my son."

Eli beamed up at me, "Hi mummy!"

"It was nice meeting you kid." The man said, turning to me, "I'm Harry."

"Soren." I took Eli, "Thanks for not letting him escape."

He nodded, "Where you heading?"

"South. To Trovania."

"I actually have a house there. You can come if you want to."

"Walking?"

"Truck. It's easier."

I nodded, "I just met you, but my kid trusted you, so I will too."

There was something about him it puzzled me.

He had shoulder length brown locks, I'm sure people called that the prince hair hairstyle, green eyes and an  unholy smirk. He was handsome and it was making me weak.

He opened the door to the car for me, and I got in with Eli on my lap.

That's until I noticed the stink. I sniffed around until i realized that, no shit, it was Eli.

"Can you pull over, I need to change him."

He gave me a sharp nod and pulled over, I stepped on the disgusting mud on the ground.

I cleaned Eli up quickly, put him in a clean diaper and kissed his lips, holding him against my chest, putting him on a sort of fabric that held him against me.

"So... are you a teen mom?" Harry asked, kind of cringing at the word mom.

"Well yeah, kind of." I was confused as why he'd ask that question but I played along and didn't care.

Eli didn't look anything like me, I had light skin and green hazel eyes, he had a bronze tint and blue eyes, and golden curls.

Apart from that, he was Agnes's copy. She was blonde and had heart shaped lips, she was a true beauty, people fell at her feet. Which is why Eli is here right now.