TWENTY-TWO

SOREN.

He arrived home at one in the morning. I was awake feeding Athena, a bit startled from the events that occurred moments prior.

My father reached out.

"I'm sorry." Was the first thing Harry said as walked in the room, stripping out of his clothes, "Can I have her?"

I shook my head, "She's eating."

"You sound different."

I shrugged. He leaned up on his elbows and kissed my neck softly, "I love you."

"My dad called." I blurted out before I could stop myself.

"Woah what? Your dad?"

I nodded, "Yeah, my dad. He wants to see Athena."

"No fucking way. He's not seeing her."

"I know, Harry but my father is a powerful man."

He stood up and ran a hand through his hair, "There's so much going on right now. Jesus. Please I need to go to bed or something. I'm going insane."

I sighed as Athena started crying, "Harry calm down, this is the second time you've made her cry today. Calm down."

I pulled my sleeves up my arms again and cleaned up after myself, I grabbed a cloth and draped it around my shoulder and began to burp Athena.

He shook his head as he lay down again, "I hate my life."

Well that stung a little...

Sighing, I stood and walked around, still patting Athena's back.

When I was done, I put her on the bed next to harry, "I'm going to shower. Keep an eye on her."

He nodded and picked her up, putting her on his chest, rubbing her back gently. He leaned in and kissed her head and smiled, "She smells good." He made a pouty face then smiled again.

I left the room and got in the shower. I did what I had to do quickly, as if I was in a rush. I dried off and put on my underwear and one of Harry's hoodies. I walked back out to the bedroom to find Harry and Athena asleep.

I picked her up and kissed her forehead, putting her in her bassinet where she was sleeping most of the time.

I went to Eli's room to check on him and found him sound asleep with his tiny body outstretched into a star position.

I smiled and closed the door, heading back to my room.

Harry was awake again and sitting up, "Hey, baby."

Laying my head on his thigh, I whispered back, "Hi, Harry."

I had just started to fall asleep when Athena bellowed a cry.

I felt Harry slip away from me and and tuck me in better.

"What's got you crying, huh?" He whispered to Athena, "I made you cry twice today didn't I? Daddy's sorry."

I smiled as i continued to listen to the interaction.

"Oh damn, you need a change." He sniffled a little, "We need to be quiet. Mummy's tired. Her daddy isn't nice you know. I'm nice I promise. Well I try to be. I'm a dick to mummy sometimes." He paused, "You shouldn't know this word so soon. Don't say it."

I heard a soft whimper and a shush, "Calm down, its just a change." Harry laughed, "You're so feisty, like your mum. Mummy's takes it too far, though. I cant believe I'm ranting to a baby."

"Anyways, princess. I can't believe you're mine forever. I love you, goodnight." He whispered to Athena, he kissed her and came back to bed.

"I take it too far huh?" I laughed a little as he scooched over.