NINETEEN

When I heard the first cry at three o'clock in the afternoon. I was a goner.

It was tears and blood everywhere and sweat and kisses, but you have no idea how good it felt to hold her. All my pain went away and I couldn't wait to raise her.

It was currently two hours after she was born, Harry had washed her off, measured her and taken her for a round of tests before we were laying in bed with the perfect human we made while I tried to breastfeed.

It took way longer than expected. I thought it'd take me first try, but it took a couple before she finally latched and started to eat. She really looked starved.

She had light blond hair, almost white. Since babies' eye colors aren't really recognizable this early, she had the typical grayish blue glow, I still think she'd Harry's eyes, she had pink full lips that reminded me a little of Harry's, and a cute button nose.

Not gonna lie though, I was so so tired. But I still wanted to be awake to see her.

I had my shirt off, baby laying on my chest, Harry beside me, with the tv on.

He clicked off the tv, "It's Amelie?"

I nodded softly, feeling the soft skin of the baby on my chest, "Yeah."

"No middle names? Just Amelie Styles?"

I sighed, "I have no middle names in mind, but I want one."

"How about we figure this out after you've napped?"

"Can I nap?" I asked with raised eyebrows.

"Of course. I'll lay her next to you, on the bassinet. I'll make some food too, and maybe I'll pick up Eli if you want."

I nodded, "Maybe later tonight? I don't know, like, at eight? It's pretty good for us. I'll be awake, she'll be awake. Then it's right on his bedtime."

He furrowed his eyebrows, "Yeah, that sounds good." He kissed my forehead, "Go to sleep."

He took Amelie from me and put her on the bassinet gently, hearing her whimper a little.

I turned over, feeling a pang of pain on my right side. I turned over to the other side, looking at Mel's bassinet.

Something didn't feel right.

I sat up, leaning back on the bed frame, I reached over and pulled the bassinet towards me, watching her as her little face scrunched up in a crying face.

I carefully stood up and gently took her into my arms and shushed her.

I lay down, she was pressed to my chest, her soft cheek on my skin.

I leaned down to kiss her nose, fuck, I love her so much already.

I studied her soft features, her pink lips parted and eyes scrunched up, her nose upturned.

She smelled so good, too, like a baby. Well she was one.

She cuddled into me, whimpering softly in her sleep. I kissed her again, my heart truly overflowing with love.

I heard the door open and Harry walked in, "Hi, baby. Why are you crying?"

I barely realized that I was actually crying.

I shook my head, "Nothing, I'm just so happy."

He laughed softly, dropping his keys on the bedside table, "He's scared to see you."

I scowled, "Eli? Why?"

"He thinks you're mad at him. Don't know why, he won't tell me. I have to go shower, I'll help you shower after I'm done. I'll bring him in too."

I nodded softly, careful not to wake the baby up.

I decided to put her in the bassinet while Eli came in. He may need more attention now.

He stood at the door shyly, his head low and his big eyes looking up at me.

"Hi baby. Come here." I sat up, helping him get in the bed.

He cuddled up to me, still not looking at me.

"What's up babe?" I asked him, brushing his hair back.

"I missed you, mummy." He sniffled.

I cooed, "I'm sorry, Eli, mummy was very tired and sick, do you wanna see the baby?"

He nodded, "I'm tired mummy. Can I see her tomorrow?"

I nodded, "Of course baby. Daddy will make you some milk before bed."

He smiled, "Thank you mummy."

I kissed his cheek, "I love you."

"I love you too." He whispered as he got up, he pondered for a second before looking up at the bassinet, "Bye bye baby."

I chuckled softly as Harry, dressed but still a little wet came out of the shower.

Harry picked him up, "Say goodnight to mummy."

"Goodnight." He waved over Harry's shoulder.

I giggled softly and waved back with a kiss.

I looked over to the baby laying down with her hands curled up close to her face.

My body was struggling to keep my eyes open and the pain was little to nothing considering the Writhing pain.

Harry walked back in with a small smile. He leaned down and kissed my cheek, "You need to shower. I'll bring the bassinet into the bathroom while I keep an eye on her. And help you of course."

I nodded as I sat up, pulling down my top, "I'll need ointment for... you know?"

Harry chuckled softly, "Yes, I know baby. I have it separated for after your shower."

He helped me up, rubbing my sides gently, "I'm very proud of you."

I smiled softly, "I'm proud of us."

He shook his head, "Take the compliment, Sweetheart."

"Do I deserve a kiss?"

"You deserve much more than that but I'd rather not wreck you for a while. Until you're completely healed."

I rolled my eyes, "I just wanted a kiss."

He breathed out a quick laugh, our lips gently touched before he laughed again.

"What?" I rolled my eyes again.

"Nothing, nothing." He smiled and shook his head, let's get you in the shower.

"Harry." I raised my eyebrows, "What's so funny?"

"I love teasing you, shorty. Get in the shower."

I obeyed after that, I was slightly annoyed at him but I let it go.

I washed up as quickly as I could. It was almost nine o'clock. I'm guessing the baby wanted a feed now.

"Is it weird that I dont call her Mel. I just call her baby?" Harry interrupted my thoughts, "Like, she's baby to me."

"I swear to god If you want to change her name I will smack you."

"Ha, very funny. I was actually thinking about it-"

I smacked his arm, "Harry!"

"Hear me out! I think Amelie is too basic. She doesnt look like amelie to me."

I sighed, "Harry. We were settled."

"Well opinions change."

I shook my head forcefully, "No."

"Please? I'll think of a top tier name. I promise."

It was his kid too. If he didnt like it then I guess it wasn't what we were settling for.

"You have a week Harry. One week."

"I'll have her name by then."