Chapter 1

"I'll be home soon okay?" Kixha told her little brother. Kifer is an adopted child but Kixha treats her like they are blood-related. She is living with their mother, her father abandoned them and went with his mistress. She started to hate men afterward. "'MEN are the same! They are All Filthy!'" she once said to her mother. Though her mother told her that not all men are like his father. Kixha can only shrug her shoulder. Love is pointless she thought. Men only want women's body, once they are done they'll be missing in action. She never had a crush nor suitors, probably because she was a plain woman. She finished her degree in Business Administration still no one ever notice her, which she really doesn't mind because she's busy working for her family.

"You'll be home soon right?" Kifer said. Missing his older sister every second. Kixha could only giggle on the other side. Her brother surely is a cute little pumpkin. Kifer and their mother are her strengths. She will do everything to give them a good life.

"I promise. I just need to get all my things at the office and I'll go straight home." She explained while putting the phone on her right ear, she went to get her organizers and put inside her box.

"Okay. Take care Kixha." - Kifer said.

"Kixha, can you buy me an Ice cream on your way back? You still awe your brother ice cream anyway. Please?" Kifer begged. Which made her smile.

"I will. I love you, buddy," said Kixha , Kifer on the other hand smiled and kiss the phone before she ends it. They are not blood-related, Kifer knew it from the start but his mother and Kixha never once made him feel an outcast. He is their little angel.

Kixha needs to get her things, she already resigned because she had a big offer from Star Inc. As a secretary. Being the Owner and CEO secretary is much better than being a staff at her previous company. She needs to save money, she needs to protect her family from her Father! Who always visit her mom and physically abuse her if she doesn't give him money. Her mom is a hard-working mother. She did everything in order for them to survive. She finished her degree in business because of her Mom's hard work. Her father? He is good for nothing person. She extremely hates her father for choosing his mistress over his legal family. She promised to not be a fool and love like her mother.

"That's good decision honey, you'll never grow there and the salary is so low." her best friend said on the other line.

"I know, that's why I resigned. Thank you for giving me the news, Thank you so much." She said while she carries the box and walked down the stair.

"Are you sure you won't need my help? I can you know help you?" Her best friend said.

"Thank you, but no thanks, your boyfriend is probably worried sick you know. You've been out of coverage for the last 15 hours. I was also worried. I am happy the operation was a success. God Bless you sister."