Chapter 3

Kixha's POV

"If you don't mind can I get your number Kixha?"- Drew asked and made a puppy eyes look. I was hesitant at first, but he is not a bad guy, right? don't get me wrong I still hate men after all, but I'll make an exception.

"Give me your phone, I'll dial my number then," I said.

I was sober. Thanks to Drew I felt a little better. Father is full of sh*ts! I hate him so much. Why can't he work his *ss off, and earn for a living! He's no longer part of the family when he started hitting us and vents his frustrations to us.

Honestly, we had a wonderful life before he got his mistress. He is a responsible and hardworking man. When we got Kifer things got worst. He started to use drugs, in and out of jail due to trespassing, robbing a house, he committed so many crimes. Mom tried to understand him, but he is stubborn acting high and mighty.

I unlocked the door. Went straight to the kitchen. Wash my face, I was startled when my phone ring. I have iPhone X plus 256gb, won it in a lottery. Kifer was with me at that time. I plan to sell it and buy iPhone 5s instead. Maybe tomorrow. I need money for the bills and groceries.

"H-hello?" SH*t, an unknown number and I answered it right away! Nice job Kisha! Nice Job! Seriously something is going on with me!.

"Hi it's me." relieved I sighed. I should not answer an unknown number, I reminded myself.

"What's with the sigh?" he said.

"Oh... I'm sorry." I said apologetically.

"I called to check on you. I just want to check on you. I just really want to check on you." Drew said. I can imagine his hand on his nape matter of fact.

I don't know what to say. Flattered that someone is worried about me. He is not flirting with me, isn't he? I don't want to assume anyway. Still, I blushed.

"Ahm, thanks for today Drew. I'm feeling much better." I said while I lighted the Lavander scented candle on the table to make me relaxed.

"No worries. If you want someone to talk to I am one call away. I mean I don't want to pry or whatever, I just want to help and be your friend. You know... I mean... I am not hitting... I mean..." He grunted. I chuckled.

"You know I get it..." I said while trying not to laugh.

" You know I hate men....." He was silent and waited for me to continue.

"But thank you for reminding me that not ALL men are like my father. You are a good man, but I don't think I should talk to a stranger. I appreciate you trying to comfort me though."

"....." he was silent for a moment. I need to be frank anyhow.

"Drew? Still there?" I asked.

"Yeah. I understand. But just in case you are lost and needed someone to talk to even thru phone don't hesitate to call me. Share your burden." He sadly said.