13: Never Refuse

a/n: I see that you actually waited for this chapter for months... 

Jake's Point of View

"Do you want to play with me?"

I lost my balance and felt a bit dizzy when I suddenly heard a familiar boy's voice inside my head, thankfully, someone caught me from behind, preventing me from further falling. When I looked up to that someone who caught me, it was Sunghoon.

"What's wrong? You seemed a bit off since the time you entered this room, did something happened outside?" He asked as he helped me stood up straight..

Should I tell him what I heard? But I'm a doll of his words. I told the girl I would never tell anyone, even if Sunghoon, out of all the dolls here, is the closest friend to me.

"Will you believe if someone told you that you were once human before?" I asked, slightly unsure.

And as expected, he laughed. "That's absurd.  We might look like one because we are made to be one but look, can a human have these many stitches?" He added, referring to all the stitches all over our bodies.

I looked down and heaved a deep sigh. He's right, the idea is impossible. And if ever that is really possible. I think it's better to just stay in this doll room.

"Why did you asked, Jake?" He asked that made me looked at him and I saw him looking at me, anticipating and waiting for me to tell him what's bothering me.

I was about to tell him the truth, and tell him what I have overheard. But we were interrupted when we heard a sound of a door swinging open. When Sunghoon and I looked back, we were surprised to see the man who created us, the mister who we respect the most.

Even though no one have seen his face due to the always gloom and dark that is keeping us away from further seeing who he was, we can tell that he's the kind of man we should follow and respect.

"Mister, what brings you here? The princess might see you, it's too early for the lights off" Sunghoon said after we both pay respect to the man by bowing in front of him and not looking at him in the eyes.

"I just want to see what my dolls are doing. The others seem to be doing fine, while both of you seemed to be acting stiff... Is something wrong?" he stated with the same calm but authoritative tone he always have.

Me and Sunghoon looked at each other with disbelief, and both shook our heads as we looked down and said in unison, "There's nothing wrong, Mister"

When we looked up to see what the man is doing, I felt my body stiffened when I heard his footsteps, coming closer and closer. Those heavy footsteps that made me shivered in fear.

"Then..." he trailed, as he finally reach his last step, and is now in front of us. "Do you want to play with me?"

My eyes widened, and I was taken aback to what he asked. His tone... wasn't the calm authoritative one he always used to gave us. But instead, he sounded like a kid. A familiar kid's voice that made my mind malfunctioned. When I looked to my left, where Sunghoon is currently standing at, the same reaction was clearly visible on his face. He was surprised to, and at the same time, confused and nervous.

"What kind of play is it, Mister?" I asked with my almost shaking voice. I know something's wrong, and that something is about to happen. But I kept my pace, I kept acting tough just like what a doll should be.

Sunghoon and I both flinched when the man suddenly laughed with his low toned voice, and said, "I really like it when you guys accept it whenever I ask you to play with me" he said, chuckling.

"Although years ago, you refused to play" me and Sunghoon looked at each other when he said that.

"Refused? That's impossible Mister. We will never reject someone who created us" Sunghoon refute, and we were left in silence when the man suddenly stopped laughing.

"Are you saying that I am a liar?" The unbeatable silence when he stopped speaking is suffocating. We looked down, and bowed apologetically as Sunghoon said. "No Mister, my apologies"

"It's unfair how I am the only one who remembers" the man said, when I looked down to his hands that are now balding into a fist, the fear started growing even more. Fear that he might do something unimaginable to us, just like how he chopped all our body parts off just to stitch it back together.

What is he even saying? I have no idea and for sure neither Sunghoon. We're dolls, the only memories we have, are the memories that we created inside this doll room. The memory of us refusing to play with him, is something I can't remember. Since it did not happened at all to begin with

"Let's play some other time, the other dolls will be jealous if we play without them" he changed the subject, as me and Sunghoon finally stood up straight and somehow felt relieve that there is no longer the fearsome tension between us.

The man turned his back against us, which made me sighed in relief when he walked straight towards this room's door. When his hand touched the doorknob, me and Sunghoon were waiting for him to walk outside. But even before he opened the door, he stopped midway.

"All who refuse to play..." he trailed, making us look at him with anticipation. He twisted the doorknob open, but before he walked outside the door, he ended his sentence. "will die."

Both me and Sunghoon bowed to pay respect, as we watched him completely walked outside the door, leaving us both with that warning.

.....