14: Secret

Jake's Point of View

The man has left the room for about an hour ago now, but the fearful tension he brought still left in this four-cornered room. "Sunghoon, do you think that man is hiding something from us?" I asked out of nowhere, breaking the silence in between us..

"For sure he does. Even his face is a mystery" he answered simply, with a shrug.

I wanted to ask him, if why did he have the same reaction as mine when the man asked us to play with him. But I'm sure he also has secrets to keep, things he cannot say to us. Besides, everyone in this doll room have their own secrets.

When I saw Sunghoon stood up from his seat, and started walking towards the door, I quickly stood up as well, planning to follow him, then I asked. "Where are you going?"

"I'll just check on Sunoo, if he already finished the dress" Sunghoon answered, and looked at me suspiciously. Then he chuckled, "Why? Are you scared of being alone here?"

"What?! There is no way I'm scared" I denied heavily, which only made him laughed even more.

"Okay then, I'll be back" he said as he stopped laughing, his lips arched into a smile as he twisted the doorknob open and started walking outside the room leaving me all alone here.

"Hah! I'm not scared at all!" says the one whose hands are now shaking.

I waited for a couple of minutes, since I  know Sunghoon won't be out for too long. Besides, Sunoo's room is just a few walks away from this room. Until minutes turned into hours, and Sunghoon was still outside. The fear I had been feeling since earlier, was replaced into worry and curiosity. Where is he? What's getting him long?

Because of worry... or maybe a part of me is also scared to be alone for too long, I decided to man up and walked towards the door, twisted it open and started walking outside. When I swinged the door open, an empty silent hallway bursted upon me.

At first, I hesitated to take a step forward. It was too scary, empty and dark. Why did Sunghoon have to leave me alone here?!

"Sunghoon?" I called, and my voice echoed in the empty hallway. When no one answered, I took a step forward and started walking towards Sunoo's room where Sunghoon went to.

And while walking along the hallway, I felt this kind of fear due to the frightening feeling of being alone in the dark which I shouldn't have been feeling because I'm a doll. And when I finally got to a part of the hallway where I saw Sunoo's sewing room, I stopped walking. When I was about to knock on his door, something out of the cornered of my eye caught my attention.

"Is this room always been here?" I asked to myself, seeing a door next to Sunoo's door. When in fact, there shouldn't be any room next to his room. All rooms here in the doll house are at least 10 meters away from each.

Out of curiosity, I didn't know where exactly I got the courage to walk in front of the door next to Sunoo's room, as I twisted the doorknob open and a dark and quiet room bursted upon me.

I wish someone can stop me from further walking inside this room, because I really don't know why a scaredy-cat like me is now having the balls to go inside. "Hello?" My voice echoed, but no one answered. Well, I feel like I'm gonna be more scared if someone answered so I'm thankful there's no one.

As I continued walking inside the room, the more the room became clearer to me. I looked around the room, and I saw frames and pictures stick on the wall. So someone uses this room huh?

"I should go back" I mumbled as I confirmed that someone really use this room, so it's not right to just barged into someone else's.

When I was about to turned my back and started walking outside, something from the wall caught my attention. It was shining too bright, it's impossible for me to not pay attention to it. I walked towards that picture frame that was glowing, but when I reached the wall that was full of picture frames, it stopped shining all of a sudden.

"What are these?" I mumbled to myself as I looked on every picture that was on the frames. These are the pictures of the previous princesses we played with and were killed, all of them have crossed mark on it painted in color red. And at the very bottom of the series of picture frames, there's a picture of me and the other dolls.

And what was confusing to me the most is that we didn't look like a doll in these pictures. We look.... More like a human. Without stitches in our faces and neck. And all of us are surprisingly smiling genuinely.

Seeing all of these pictures, I came up with a conclusion. Am I a human before?

"Jake" a stone cold voice echoed inside the room as it gave shivered in me. I froze in my current position, do not have the courage to turn my back and face the man who have called me from behind.

I know this voice and I know the man behind this frightening voice. "Mister---" I wasn't able to finish what I'm about to say, when I turned my back to face the man, I was startled to see a new sight. There was no darkness enveloping his face, it was clear as it could ever be. I know him, I know who he is. I didn't know that one of the dolls who I trusted the most was actually the one controlling us.

"I guess, you now know my secret" he said as a creepy grin flashed on his face.

......