the one where some mild shit goes down

It didn't take long to fall in love with Ashley. Platonically, that is (though you didn't know what the future held. I mean, sure, you always looked at guys but life could change in an instant so again, who knew).

She was probably the most badass bitch you'd ever met while simultaneously being the sweetest angel to have ever walked the earth. Besides, Sal, that is. He was too good for this world.

"Bummer you don't have a phone," she sighed, halfheartedly shading a picture in her journal. Larry hadn't been kidding when he said he'd learned everything from Ashley on art. It was clear the girl was talented. Also had a thing for making these cute little dolls that could've had witchcraft involved, but hell if you cared—you still wanted one.

"Yeah, but I might get another one soon. My mom has to know where I am at all times or she flips her lid."

Ash nodded, green eyes heavily focused on erasing a smudge from the sheet.

"Yeah, my parents are kinda like that. At least you have some freedom. I'm always stuck babysitting my little brother."

There was a tug at your heart, one you quickly willed away as the bell rang. It was time for lunch, the best part of school if you weren't digesting its so-called "food."

"Did you guys see Robinson?" asked Larry, meeting up with two girls at the door. "I swear he was snoring for the first half of the class."

"It's not like we have much to do in here. Everyone already turned in their final projects," Ash said, indifferent. You didn't see the big deal about it either.

"Least the teacher was nice enough to omit mine," you sighed. "That's one thing I don't have to worry about."

"What would you have done? If you'd had to, I mean."

You glanced at the brunette, having to stop and think about it for a second.

"Not sure. Maybe something photography-related. Or paper mache."

"That sounds awesome," Larry commented. You thanked him.

"Maybe next semester. You guys taking art again?"

"Yeah, at second level. Think you can keep up?" Ash joked.

In response, you raised both hands and made some type of karate stance as you flexed your fingers at the star art student.

"Bring it on."

The trio laughed as you made your way into the cafeteria, you and Ash playing a mobile version of ninja which was stupid because the whole point was to not move but c'est la vie.

You split off as Larry and Ash were buying their lunches and you'd made it abundantly clear you wouldn't be eating a crumb from the school's kitchen. So instead, you made your way to the designated table the group had all sat at the day before. Chug and Maple were already there, along with Sally who was picking at his food. You bumped his shoulder as you plopped down on the bench, grinning as he looked at you.

"What's up, doc?" you greeted and he chuckled.

"Am I going to have to start calling you Bugs?"

"You're the one who stole his catchphrase first," you pointed out. "Also, you have pigtails that could totally be counted as bunny ears."

"But you're the one with his personality."

"What?" you laughed. "Since when?"

"You're both laid back, you're both cunning—I mean you tricked Larry into thinking a straw has two holes."