Chapter 1

Sunday November 10, 2019. It was my day off today but I decided to go to my shop to do some cleaning and storage. So I just got ready and left my little apartment to go to work. I walked in the streets tightening my coat around me because in this month of November, the city was refreshed. My mother lived in North London but when we grew up, my brother and I decided to choose South London. We don't see her often but we talk to her a lot.

I was finally arriving in my little store, it was my pride, I had saved a lot of money to open this small shop which was very warm. I felt good here, surrounded by guitars, pianos, I was in my elements. I learned guitar and piano when I was a little girl, although I much preferred the guitar. I loved seeing artists playing guitar at their concert.

I spent my morning cleaning everything around me until my brother came to see me for lunch

"-I brought the meal! He said to me, brandishing a bag next to his head.

- Oh thank you, how are you? I said to him, embracing him

- I am good. I went to see mom yesterday, she looked pretty tired and alone. I think we should go visit her more often, that would make her happy. I could see pain in his eyes.

- I see ... You know it's hard for me, I don't have a car and public transports are complicated and expensive

- I could take you there from time to time cause we have few schedules in common. He said to me, thinking

- How nice ! I jumped in his arms "

We continued chatting for a good hour then played the guitar before he went back to work.

Later that day, when it was getting dark and I was leaving the store, I received a call from a hidden number. I decided not to answer but this number tried to call me a few seconds later. So I replied reluctantly.

"- Hello, Saint Thomas Hospital here, Mrs. Suzie Davis has just been admitted with us and you are one of the people to contact. My heart suddenly started to beat faster

- I am her daughter, what happened to her?! I was panicking

- Your mother just had a car accident, she is in serious condition you know. I wanted to kill this lady who spoke to me as calmly as possible by telling me the news. Your brother tells me he's already here, he's waiting for you. Tears began to appear in the corner of my eyes

- Oh ... I'm coming right away ...

- Well. Good bye "

I hung up, annoyed by this lady on the phone but above all distraught and crying. How was I going to go to the hospital quickly without a car? I hadn't been told anything about the accident on the phone, not even if she was going to be okay. I was crying in front of the bus stop which indicated that the next stop was in an hour. So I decided to wait for a taxi but no one stopped in front of me. I felt like the world was against me. Completely desperate, I ran into the streets towards the hospital. It was insane, knowing that there was more than an hour of walking and that it was starting to rain but I did not care, I just wanted to see my mother. My breathing was jerky, I was out of breath but nothing could stop me. Well almost, I ran into a young man who probably must have been running too. The shock made me fall and my head hit the ground painfully unlike him who was standing in front of me.

"- Fuck, can't you pay attention ?! he said to me, screaming while I looked up with difficulty

- Oh but you are ... My eyes widened in front of him"

If my mistakes in English are too present and it is horrible for you to read, I am sorry ... The chapter is short but the others will be longer