Chapter 26

I don't know how to take the fact that he decided to sing Million Words tonight. Does that mean he wants us to retry something? He knows very well that this song is heavy with meaning so I can't believe that he wanted to add it to the setlist by chance. In any case when they left the stage no one broached the subject and we acted as if nothing had happened.

As soon as the concert was over, we got back on the bus to our next destination, Paris. I was apprehensive because I knew I would have to get back in touch with my brother who normally still lives here. Unfortunately for me we would be there in a few hours.

The bus started and I went to sit in the back while the guys were chatting and watching TV in the front. I made up my mind to send a message to my brother to suggest we see each other, and barely had I sent the message when Brad entered.

" - I need to talk to you. He told me quickly

- oh go ahead

- I know everyone thinks that, but I didn't add Million Words for you. It's just that fans like it a lot and I thought it would make them happy.

- Oh...

- I'm sorry if you thought that meant something between us. He said

- Oh no don't worry ...

- Julia will come for 3 days tonight. I wanted to warn you. He confessed to me

- Oh you got back together? I asked with a smile, fake, obviously

- No, she just wants to talk about all this. But she will live on the tour bus.

- But there are no more beds available. I pointed out to him and that's when he lowered his head

- Actually ... I thought that ... Since we will be in Paris ... You ...

- Brad, come on, please. I said because i lost my patience

- I thought that you could go to sleep at your brother's place to leave her your bed...

- But Brad... I said shocked

- I know that I am abusing but I thought that since you wanted to go see your brother, this was the occasion ...

- I see ... I shut my mouth for a few seconds. It's OK.

- Really ? Thank you I really have important things to say to her! He gave me a kiss on the cheek and went out »

I was shocked. How can he ask me that? I know that I am less important than his girlfriend but still. I should have refused but as usual, facing him I am weak.

I went near my bed to collect my things in a bag, my brother still hadn't answered me but luckily I knew his address. We will arrive in Paris in 1 hour, it will be 8 p.m. and I'm thinking of going straight to Martin's house, I don't want to meet Julia this evening.

" - What are you doing ? I turned to see James

- My stuff

- You're going back to England what did Brad do this time?

- No, I'm just going to sleep at my brother's house during our stay in Paris.

- Why ?

- Because I miss him. I said

- Mia, stop lying, you would not have gone to impose yourself at him of your own free will