Quattro

TW: Bullying, Suicide, Assault(just kissing)

"It's not raining," Naomi commented when she noticed her son tying a wrapped up black umbrella to his backpack strap. "Why are you bringing that?"

Will froze. He glanced at Luna, who stared at him, confused. He had not breathed a word about Mystery Boy to anyone. "Well, when I was walking home," he started, "this boy from the party saw me and gave me the umbrella."

Jeremy looked up from his newspaper and narrowed his eyes. Will felt the intensity, but stood his ground and stared back. His sudden courage seemed to surprise Jeremy, because his eyes went wide for a split second and returned back to his newspaper.

"That's...nice?" Naomi questioned. "Who was your date?"

"Catherine Lu," Will answered. "She asked me yesterday during school."

Naomi nodded. She glanced over at Luna. "What about you, sweetheart? You didn't tell your father and I who was taking you."

"Noah," Luna answered. "Noah Smith."

"At least it's wasn't a John Smith," Jeremy chuckled. "Got 'bout a thousand of those on the Earth, eh?"

Luna muttered an agreement and went back to her phone.

After a few minutes, Jeremy and Naomi went off to work. Will tapped the table until he heard the garage door close again. He reached for the bread.

"Who was he?" Luna asked. "The guy who gave you the umbrella? What's his name?"

"Dunno," Will replied. "He-quote unquote- 'didn't throw it'." He said, making peace signs with his hands and bending them.

"Hmm," Luna hummed. "So what? You're just gonna walk around school until you find the guy?"

"Yeah."

Luna shook her head. "What'd he look like?" She asked.

"Shorter than me," Will said, "shoulder length black hair, pale olive skin, chocolate brown eyes, aviator jacket, ripped black jeans, black converse. Seen him?"

Luna nodded. "Yeah, he's Percy's cousin. Nico di Angelo."

"Huh." Well fiddled with the umbrella. "Isn't he some sort of bad boy that beats people up?"

"So I've heard," Luna said, "but I've never actually met the guy."

"He seemed like the type to judo flip anyone whenever he felt like it when I first met him," Will said, "but when he gave me the umbrella...I don't know. He kinda just seemed like any normal teenager. Well I mean teenagers aren't exactly normal but you get the point."

He packed Octavian's breakfast and called to Luna to go. They left the house and walked silently to school. Will every so often glanced at the umbrella on his backpack.

"Bye," he called to Luna when they reached the doors. She nodded and walked ahead of him.

Will took a deep breath and examined the hall, trying to spot Nico. He sighed when he didn't find the boy and walked forward. Maybe he was somewhere further down the hall? He felt a rush of relief when he noticed the boy at a locker.

Not wanting to call out a draw attention to himself, Will silently crept forward and tapped Nico's shoulder. Said boy jumped, whirled around, and almost punched Will.

"I got you your umbrella!" Will said quickly, taking a step back. He reached behind him to untie the umbrella and handed it to Nico.

"Oh." Nico took the umbrella and shoved it into his locker. "Cool."