Episodic

I've said it before about writing my Pokémon: Princess Debut! Fanfiction story, about how I visualize it in my head. I don't know if it's the same for other authors, but for me, I'm writing a full episode to be viewed.

From beginning to end, when I write my chapters/ scenes/ episodes, I'm writing for a show on TV. There's always the intro where we see our characters traveling or doing whatever they're doing before the main story/ episode conflict hits them. Whether that be meeting another character or meeting a new Pokémon, something happens upon the character to switch the story from their normal routine to something a bit more adventurous. (Enter Intro Them Music~!)

The story progresses nicely, with its ups and downs, before finding a resolution in a timely manner. But, unlike what you might see in an actual book, or such, I leave on a little cliffhanger... A "To Be Continued," for the next episode.

Originally, when I chose to write in "Scenes," the idea was as if it was a play of some kind. But to be honest, I just wanted to be cool and have something that wasn't just chapters. But the more I thought about it the more it made sense for these to be "Episodes" than anything else. I can imagine each and every one of these chapters taking up the space of 24minutes, and t hat's without the commercial breaks. Now, there are a few that might be shorter and might be longer, even some that I would personally consider as a "1-hour special" kind of episode... And those are usually the hardest for me to find the right spot to split. But, no matter what, it's always fun to imagine..!

I've officially gone back through all of the "Scenes," relabeling them as "Episodes." From beginning to end, I'll continue through this first series! And guess what!? We're almost to 100!!! How crazy is that!?