Filler Episodes

First off, I'd very much like to give myself a pat on the back for FINALLY catching up with all of my fan art to this point!!! Perhaps I've been pushed on and eager by partaking in the 2020 #Inktober Challenge on Instagram, or maybe I was just tired of seeing Episodes without featured art...? Whatever the reason, I've finally caught up! That's right! Every Episode of Pokémon: Princess Debut! ~*The Origin Series*~ that has been Published and made LIVE (Episode 1-95) now has my own -COMPLETELY ORIGINAL- Fanart!! Yaaaaay~!!! Have I managed to post them all yet...? Not quite. Stay tuned!

Episode 56: Lost Love and Just Plain... Lost..?

As we all know, we can't have a Nidoran episode without a little bit of romance~! Here's a quick little story on how Kari catches 2 more Pokémon in distress and still manages to find her way when the group is totally lost...! Like I said, this part of the story is a bunch of "filler" episodes, but aren't shortcuts so convenient!?

Diglett Cave is a place in Kanto that can be accessed later in the Games, so naturally, Kari and her Pokémon find it! It's a great shortcut for Kari to reach the other side of the Kanto Region and for me to jump the story of Kari's travels a little bit farther!

Episode 57: Admiring from Afar

Taking into consideration the characterization from the Pokémon Games, the Manga, and the Anime, I have to build the right kind of "versions" for my own story. The Team Rocket Admins: Lt. Surge, Sabrina, and Koga all worked for Giovanni and were cruel and nasty Trainers in the Manga. They were known for their brutal battling methods and Kari's been victim to some of their mental abuse; however, with Team Rocket gone, what happened to them...? We've seen these very same characters in the Anime when Ash challenged their Gyms and they were quite different.

When Ash battles against Surge he's a boisterous gargantuan of a man who laughs loudly and, although he may look down on "Baby Trainers," he's a pretty good guy. But that Lt. Surge doesn't exist yet... Like most of Team Rocket, Surge is hopeful that Kari, as Giovanni's only daughter, would take over the reins in his disappearance. But Kari wants nothing to do with the company. Surge feels defeated and loss... Kari can see it in his eyes. But even as a small child, she can speak a few words of wisdom to the man. Perhaps with her kind and slightly harsh words, Lt. Surge can become a better person... a better Trainer that others can look up to when they visit his Gym... Like the Surge we meet years later in the Anime Series.

And here we have the typical "Fight Club" in a Pokémon episode! Kari and the others find themselves at the well known Construction Site in Vermilion City. Here, they find a powerful Machop that Kari is eager to battle against and take into her Pokémon Team. The other Fighting-Type Pokémon aren't much fans of "Tamed" Pokémon and their Trainers, but there's no denying Kari's strength as she fights alongside her Pokémon. But when Jolteon wins the battle and Kari offers her hand, Machop slaps it away!

Unlike every other Pokémon Kari has come across, Machop doesn't like humans, let alone being ridiculed by them in front of its peers...! Kari hadn't thought that one through. This is the first time a Pokémon has refused her offer to join the team and it's a bit off-putting and sad for her to realize, "Not all Pokémon want to be friends with humans."

While still thinking back to the Machop from before, Kari comes across a Pokémon in distress! She finds a Lapras on the edge of a nearby beach, trapped in a net! Without realizing, though, a group of people are watching as she bravely jumps into the water to save the poor Wild Pokémon! And just as Lapras is getting a chance to thank the human girl, Kari and her Pokémon are snatched away!

Red has met Mr. Chairman and he's a character we see in the Pokémon Games, along with his Pokémon Fan Club followers. Kari is reminded of the group of people she met previously, but these people are different particularly by their social standing. While the last group were middle-aged rich folk, these people are more "common" folk.