CHAPTER 3

Orimura sensei looks at the students that line. "Where is Swirl?" asked Orimura sensei. The instructors shrugs. "Find him," said Orimura sensei.

Meadow flies around the stadium. "Everything is good. No faulty. Weapon system online, power output online. Camera system in green. All system in green," said Meadow. He looks at the silhouette pack system. "Swirl!" The dark brown haired looks towards instructor. "You need to head towards the battle arena now!" yelled the instructor. He lands and head towards the battle arena.

Orimura sensei looks at new arrival Meadow. "Where were you?" asked Orimura sensei. "Training," said Meadow. "Come on, you're next," said Orimura sensei. "On it," said Meadow as he heads towards launcher pad.

Tobiichi Origami sits at the audience, looking at the battlefield. Yuuki Konno and Hoone jump in and sit in front of her. "Hope we're not too late," said Yuuki.

Meadow Swirl already in his IS. The ceiling opens as the Force Silhouette pack lowers and attack to the back. The left wall opens and a robotic arm holding the shield head towards the IS left arm and attach to it. The right wall opens and a robotic arm that holds rifle head towards the IS right arm and attach to it. Meadow presses a button on his right side of his head as a small screen covers his eyes. "Meadow Swirl, Strike Impulse, launching!" yelled Meadow as his IS launches from the launching pad.

Orimura sensei looks at Maya that checks the computer. "I never seen this IS before," said Maya. "What is the computer said about that IS?" asked Orimura sensei. "Nothing. Unknown IS," said Maya.

Meadow looks at his opponent that using academy own IS. He aims the rifle to the IS and fires. Academy IS avoids the laser. Meadow uses the thrust to bring his IS towards the opponent and hits the IS using the shield. The academy IS falls back few meters. Meadow fires the rifle as it hits the green IS repeatedly.

Tobiichi looks at the battle in interest. "He's good," said Yuuki.

Meadow hovers on the air, looking at the academy IS. "Time to end the battle," said Meadow as he fires the rifle towards the green IS, defeating it.

Tobiichi stands up and head towards the door. Yuuki and Honne follows her.

Meadow looks at his IS and sighs. "They mention about maintenance member in the team but I prefer work alone," said Meadow. "You still need a team for that." He looks at Tobiichi, Yuuki and Honne. "I know but I won't. What do you want anyway?" asked Meadow. "Create an IS for us," said Tobiichi. "Why?" asked Meadow. "Phantom Task will do anything to get what they want. If you want to kill one of the member, you need a team for that purpose and we are the ones that can help you," said Tobiichi. "Why should I help you?" asked Meadow. "Just returning the favor. After all you save my life," said Yuuki. "And you help me face my depression," said Tobiichi. "I just want to go with the flow," said Honne. He sighs. "Fine," said Meadow.

A week later, Tobiichi, Yuuki and Honne look in awe towards the IS. "Your IS will be Savior. It has Mobile Armor mode," said Meadow as the silver haired puts her hand on the red IS. "Yours will be Astray," said Meadow. "No problem. My specialty is sword anyway," said Yuuki. "I will have your main IS ready next week," said Meadow. "That's a good news. If Phantom Task attacks, we all be ready to fight back," said Yuuki. "You can leave the maintenance to me," said Honne.

The next day, Meadow and his team head towards the class. "We can discuss about the strategy after class," said Meadow. "Okay, we still need to practice our movement with our IS," said Tobiichi.

At the class, Meadow sits on his chair, checking his data. "Hey you!" He glances towards Cecillia that stands in front of him. "What?" asked Meadow. "I challenge you to IS battle," said Cecillia. He sighs. "Declined," said Meadow. "Why? Are you scared?" teased Cecillia. "Nope. Just don't want to waste my time," said Meadow, causing the blonde to get angry. "I will  make sure we battle and I will humiliate you badly," exclaimed Cecilia as she heads back towards her seat.