Introduction!

[Philippines POV]

"And that students, can make your country bigger, more powerful, and stronger!"

I pursed my lips as the teacher blabbered on. Nonetheless, it's still interesting to hear economic tips and tricks from world leaders themselves.

'With only three extra steps, you can be a functioning country yourself!'

I wish.

I shift my gaze to look around the room while trying to attract as little attention as possible. I'm facing the same people, all donning green uniforms and bored yet serious expressions. Everyone seems to be focused on the lesson. I sigh. The room is quiet with the occasional paper and pen noises. 

Suddenly, a loud shout jolted me awake. "Philippines."

Fuck.

Mr. Britain called out to me. He stood in front of me with one eyebrow raised with a bemused expression. I slowly looked up at him.

This is my economics teacher, Mr. Britain. He eats fish and chips every day, and rather than living off of water, he lives on tea. Mr. Britain, quite literally, made history in this school. He won't hesitate to throw punches, especially if you bother him during his 'tea time breaks.'

"...and what're you looking at, Mr?"

There was muffled laughter throughout the classroom.

"Silence!" Mr. Britain yelled, instantly quieting the ruckus. Then he looked back at me. "Well?"

I gulped nervously. As I tried to respond, stuttering through my words, I (mentally) berated myself for acting anything but normal. Just then a butterfly landed on a branch right outside my window. A lightbulb flicked on in my head.

"Ah! I saw a bug. Yes, A bug." I said with a wide smile. As much of a convincing smile I could muster after coming up with such a stupid excuse.

Mr. Britain stared at me with a bewildered face. Rubbing the crook of his nose he sighed, "Just focus, please."

He went back to his lesson, leaving me embarrassed for the rest of the class period.

I should... probably listen. Not that I particularly enjoy reading chapters on the economy but because I need to. It might sound mushy but high school is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. I'm really lucky to have this.

But it doesn't change that it still sucks to go through the process. Maintaining a social life while balancing homework and assignments, quite frankly, makes my head hurt.

Especially recitation. Being caught off-guard to answer a question? And you don't know shit? True fear.

The bell rang.

RingGGGGg!!!!

"Class dismissed."

.

.

.

"Dude, the teacher was such as a** today!"

Indo grumbled, tired. He fumbled to put his stuff inside his blue locker.

"What did Mrs. France do?" Malay asked.

Students scurried to get to the cafeteria. It was a busy hour.

"She gave us a surprise test..."

'That's it?" Malay smirked.