twenty seven

{ Reia's POV }
I shove what ever emotions I'm having appear right now away, as I ignore the pain beginning in my chest. I see everyone looking at her in disbelief.

"I have a question for you.." Tatiana says

I nod giving her the go ahead to ask it..

"Why are you even here?" Tatiana asks

I just stare back at her wondering what her goal is by asking a question like that.

"Excuse you?" Sabrina asks ready to throw down

"I want to know what she's doing here since Stefan told me that she isn't even sworn into the mafia. He said she didn't have the stomach, or strength for the mafia. That's why I'm a better fit to be here. So what is she doing here? She's even breaking dress code. The I see it is that's she's a trader to her own family. I mean everyone has been searching for her because she got her feelings hurt and ran off... and she just becomes a whore for the Mexican mafia boss?! She has no loyalty!" Tatiana goes off

I see Sabrina about to slap her. I catch her wrist right before her hand connects with Tatiana's face. That catches everyone's attention, and they start coming over to where we are.

I make eye contact with Sabrina, and gently shake my head which makes her drop her wrist back to her side. I take a breath to try to release some of my nerves.

"Tatiana, you don't know me.. and what you've heard from Stefan is only what he believes to be true. Which isn't the truth at all. It's just his opinion... and from what I've heard you've only been sworn into the Russian mafia. Is that correct?" I ask her

She looks like she's getting angry as she replies "Yes but..."

I give a nod then cut her off "That's great don't get me wrong... but you also had the rules bent if not erased completely for you. Right?"

"Yes. Only because Cristian loves me so much that he couldn't bare to put me through that."
Tatiana says

I feel a sting in my chest but I ignore it.

I give a nod of acknowledgment and then say "That may be true. However there's one problem with that.. if you were to get kidnapped, you'd spill every secret you know. Probably before they ever lay a hand on you, because you wouldn't be prepared for that situation, which in this life will probably arise. Especially if you marry the mafia boss who runs Italy and Russia. So if you really are Cristian's future wife, that's fantastic...and if you last to the wedding day and actually say I do, then I'll send you both a wedding gift to congratulate you."

"Are you threatening me?!" Tatiana almost screams

"No. I don't have a reason too, because I'm simply not threatened by you. I don't need to sleep my way to the top, or get married to secure my spot there. I was born there, in case any of you forgot...and regardless of what you or Stefan think I'll stay there. My life is none of your business, and what rules I break shouldn't be something you worry about."
I tell her finally fed up with it all

Tatiana looks embarrassed. Meanwhile everyone else is starring at me with surprise and some proudness. However Stefan seems angry.

I'm proven right once he speaks up "Reia my dear you are nothing but a spineless flower ; who is whoring around with the Mexican mafia boss for safety."