| chapter two |

| chapter two |

S.H.I.E.L.D headquarters; meeting room - two days later

"Why can't we see her yet?" Tony asked impatiently as everyone Agent Hill came into the meeting room.

"Because, we don't know for certain if all of you are her mates yet. We're only positive on Captain Rogers." Fury replies from his place.

"Well why can't Steve see her?" 

"She's only been awake for two days; she's still asking for her mother. If we introduce her to her soulmate, she may become overwhelmed." Agent Hill informs them.

"But couldn't it be a good thing?" Bucky questions. "If anyone knows what she's going through right now, it's definitely Steve. That alone would help her, him being her soulmate would most likely stop the problem altogether."

"She's been asking, hasn't she?" Steve speaks up. "She knows I'm alive, and you gave her the idea that we're soulmates. She might not know it, but she needs me."

"Captain Rogers, please. I know you want to meet her, but she's a young girl who's upbringing we still don't fully understand. Now, Agent Hill, if you would." Fury gestures for the agent to move to the front of the room.

"As it's been said, we don't know the exact circumstances of her upbringing. Through the past two days, both myself and nurse Redford have been managing to get small pieces of information from her." She turns to the monitor ahead of all of them, directing their attention towards it. "But first, we have a picture we need to show you all. If you are her soulmates, you should have the same reaction that she had when she saw Steve on the poster."

Agent Hill clicked a button to change the screen, and a picture of Clara appeared, immediately captivating the attention of the 12 soulmates in question.