Mortals Meet Jasper - "I should NOT be a qualified therapist." pt. 1

Piper couldn't do it.. She just couldn't. She was supposed to be over him. She was supposed to move on. She was a daughter of Aphrodite, for gods sake! She was supposed to be a master of love.

Yet, there she was, 2 years after a breakup with her boyfriend, Jason grace. The very Jason who broke the rules to spend time with her. They very Jason she cried on at the "loss" of Leo. The Jason who had died on a quest to save them.

She would have laughed at herself for her actions had it not been over Jason. She would have given herself a strict talk about how life goes on and so would she. But it was Jason. And life didn't go on without him. She hadn't felt okay since... before they broke up.

She decided to do something. Anything. Thinking about Jason hurt too much, which was probably why she forced herself not to so often. She decided that she could help others through their pain. She could cry with them.

For weeks Piper had been planning this. She had even stooped to the point where she had Nico take her to Jason in Elysium. Jason had been surprised, to say the least, but it gave her the courage to do what she needed to do. She would talk to the Olympian Council. She would get Jason back. Even if it was just for a year.

"Piper McLean, why have you requested our presence?" Jupiter's voice boomed throughout the 600th floor of the Empire State Building. The other Gods were sitting in their thrones in their nice togas with an almost bored expression.

"Jupiter, I wish to use my one favor granted from the war. It is a big request, but... I have been thinking about it for about 2 years."

Aphrodite wiped tears from her eyes. "Honey, I... I hope you know that, well... I support your decision, whatever the others say. I just hope you know that it probably won't turn out the way you expect it."

"What is this wish you ask of us?"

Piper took a deep breath. She steeled her nerves. "I want you to bring Jason back."

The council froze. Jupiter wavered a bit. They started muttering. The muttering rose to talking, which turned to angrily yelling at one another. "Enough!" Jupiter bellowed. "Let us hear her out."

"You heard me. I want you to bring Jason back. I've been thinking about it for a while. I just want him back in my life," Piper said. She was getting nervous. "I understand that is a big ask, but use his wish, too. I have a document signed by him. It says that I can use his wish if the Gods agree and if not that his wish is to be used to..." she paused read it closer, "make sure that... Piper isn't killed for an outlandish request..." she started crying. She wiped her tears away, though, because she didn't have time for that.

After hours of debate, they called up Hades. "We have decided that Piper and Jason can use both of their wishes, if you deem it acceptable, to bring Jason back to life for 1 year with all memories intact."

"Zeus, I can't do that."

"I know."

Hades stared at them for a few moments. Piper was trembling. The poor child. She hadn't been okay since Jason had died. Hades silently cursed his forgiving nature. "However, I can ignore the existance, or lack thereof, of Jason Grace for 1 month. I can also give my son, Nico Di Angelo permission to raise him to life and punish him in any way he sees fit. If that includes forcing him to spend time with Piper, then, well..."

Piper jumped up. "Thank you! Lord Hades! Thank you so much!"

Hades just smiled. He really did have a soft spot for the sweet ones. He patted her shoulder. "What could you be thanking me for? I owe him a favor and I gave my son permission to torture him above the Underworld." Despite his gruff words, Hades looked kind. He had the slightest bit of a smile on his face and returned the hug she gave him.

The first week Jason was back, they never left each others sides. They had oficialy made up and gotten back together the moment Jason's body was substantial. Piper had proposed the next week. Jason (of course), said yes. They went to Piper's dad the day after that.

"Hello, sir. I'm Jason. Your daughter proposed to me last week and said we should meet."

Tristan was confused. "I feel like I've met you before, kid..." he mused. "However, we should have a talk."

With that Jason Grace and Tristan McLean learned all about one another. Piper's dad learned that Jason was to be respected when a giant dog attacked out of nowhere and Jason scared it off with a stick he picked up off the ground. It was very impressive. He trusted that it would save Piper from some mess she got herself in.

"Hey, Mr. McLean... can I marry Piper? She already proposed, but we plan on having the wedding next week, if that's okay."

Tristan was stunned. So soon? Then again, he hadn't ever gotten married, and yet he had a daughter. It was a step up. "O-Okay. Well... just take care of Piper, son. She went through some tough times a couple of years ago and I just don't want you to hurt her."

Talking to Thalia was awkward. There's not really a way to say, "Hey sis! I know I didn't get turned into a tree like you, but I'm alive! My Fiance brought me back to life, which is actually why we're here. The wedding is Saturday in Canada. You coming?"

Of course, so was inviting Reyna. She had clearly become a high raning officer in Artemis's Hunters and almost shot Jason when he entered the camp. Then she realized who he was and apologized. (Is it bad that I always type "apollo-gize"?) She had said she would come.

Inviting Nico was worse. The poor kid had just suffered a breakup with his boyfriend of almost 2 years. Though technically he had shown up to bring Jason to the Mortal world, he had disappeared about 2 seconds later to be alone. He had cracked a hint of a smile at the wedding invitation.

Finding Leo and Calypso's Garage: Auto Repair and Mechanical Monsters was... odd. So was finding an Ancient Titaness... snogging... a much taller scrawny adult named Leo. It had taken an awkwardly long time for them to notice they had company at the window. Calypso was embarrassed, but Leo was just shocked to see his old buddy alive. Leo was, of course, the best man. They hugged for a bit and Calypso and Leo had promised a memorable wedding.

16 year old Hazel was a lot bolder than Jason remembered. She didn't hesitate to kiss Frank (on the cheek, she had limits). Frank was huge. Well, huger than Jason remembered. He was 6'2 and only 18. Hazel had walked off with Piper for a 30 minute conversation and left Jason and Frank. They had made small talk about the Legion and being Preator before the invitation came out. Frank said he wouldn't miss it for the world.

Annabeth and Piper had walked off to talk about friend things. Percy and Jason were left to stand awkwardly and ended up starting a pillow fight. Like, a really aggressive pillow fight. Then Jason asked Percy to come to his wedding. Percy said he was bringing blue cookies. Jason didn't argue. The man could throw a mean pillow.

After inviting all of their friends was inviting their parents. Their godly parents. Aphrodite had been jumping up and down in joy. Jupiter had been a bit smiley. It had turned out a bit better than expected.

TO BE CONTINUED...