Chapter 5: Talons and Tea Leaves

The first thing I see the next morning in the Great Hall, the first thing I notice is Malfoy entertaining his friends with an impression of a swooning fit. I ignore Pansy completely when she tries to get my attention. I arrive at my seat next to Fred just in time to be handed my schedule. I'm a little more excited to see that we're starting new subjects today. I hardly knowing what's going on around me because mail arrives. To my surprise, a very tired looking Maple arrives, carrying not one letter, but two. One from mom and one from Bella. With shaky hands, I open the one from bella first.

Dear Chloe,

First of all, I know we don't know each other that well - what with you being in England for most of the year - but I need to ask you a question. Your parents told me where you really go to school and what you really study - it sounds fascinating - so I don't know how long this will take to get to you. I've never sent a letter by bird before.

I don't know if Rosalie told you or not, but I'm pregnant. This baby is half vampire, half human. It's really strong. I'm already really weak. If it wasn't for your mom, I don't know what I would've done. She's been a huge help. Edward isn't too fond of the baby... I'm trying not to dwell too much on that. I'm sure once the baby is born though, he will warm up to the baby. Anyway, back to business.

This baby is growing so quickly. I already look like I'm in my second trimester. Your mom mentioned how you were a bit advanced when you were younger. Not to this extent, though, but I think you could help. I'm desperate to know what my baby might be like. Your mom said that you remember what it was like being in the womb? Is that true? If it is, could you tell me what it was like? Anything you can remember. Feelings, what you were thinking, anything. I'd also like to know what it was like when you were a baby. Also, what's your physiology like?

Thank you,

From,

Bella

Well, it seems like my mom and Bella are getting along. I hate that Bella knows that Edward doesn't like the baby. I decide to write her a letter before class starts. I'll read my mom's after class.

Dear Bella,

So, you want to know more about me? I'm flattered! I wish it were under better circumstances though. I'll tell you what I can though. If you haven't already, you might want to ask my parents any questions you have - and Edward might not be a bad idea either, since he can read my mind - if you want to get an even better idea as to how your baby might turn out. To answer your question, yes I can remember when my mom was pregnant with me. I'm not sure what I'm about to tell you is what you want to hear, but it's the truth. So here goes.

I'm not sure how far along my mom was when my memory starts - because, of course, I had no sense of time. 99% of my memories of the womb, I was bored and in a lot of pain. I was in pain because I was growing but I had absolutely zero room to grow. My mom's womb was rock hard and even the slightest movement would hurt. The only way to stop the pain was to not move at all, but that was next to impossible because I was so cramped and dying to stretch out. As you can see, it was a vicious cycle. What would help though was hearing my mom's voice. I referred to it as "the soft sound" because I didn't know what else to call it. Her voice made it seem like everything was okay and when I heard it, it made me 10x happier. Other than that, I was VERY bored.

On a similar note, I could hear sounds that I later learned to be voices. My mom's was the most recognizable - and the one I loved the most - and my dad's was a close second. I could tell when they were calm and when they were angry or worried. So if Edward is saying anything negative about the baby in a tone that is anything other than happy, the baby most likely knows something is wrong and if he says it in a bitter or disliking tone, there is a good chance the baby knows Edward's feelings towards it. If he is saying anything in a tone that is bitter or disliking about the baby, please tell my mom or dad to give him a swift kick up the ass from me :) and if I find out that Edward still doesn't like this baby by the time it's born, he can sure count on a kick up the ass from me personally.