Chapter 17

"Enough of this, you pathetic whore. Stand up." He kicked me.
I forced myself to stand. I was trembling so hard it was difficult to stay standing, but Nick grabbed my arm and began dragging me up the rest of the narrow road to where it joined the main street; back at the sport bar where we had met.

"You're coming to my room," he said. It wasn't a question. He hailed a tuk-tuk and forced me in. He told the driver the name of the hostel as the driver took off. We rode in silence for 10 minutes; my breathing was coarse and my heartbeat was manic. Nick was calm and he firmly held me by the arm, probably to avoid the possibility of my jumping out of the cab while it was in motion.

Nick paid the driver and escorted me out of the vehicle. We were in front of a long, steep stairwell leading up the side of a cliff to the hostel gates. Nick urged me forward up the stairs. I was about halfway up when I felt a blow on my ass and lunged forward landing on my hands and hip. The hit was so incredibly hard I released a scream to the likes of which I had never before uttered and it echoed around the mountains. I couldn't believe how hard he had just hit me. I burst into tears again.
"Move. Faster." Nick said and he grabbed my arm to drag me up the rest of the staircase.

We arrived to the hostel gates. It was late and dark by this point so there was no one in the reception area. He marched me through the lobby and down the stone steps. It was built across the side of the cliff so that the lobby was at the top. The hallways were dimly lit inviting shadows to dance across the stone walls. Not another soul was in sight and add to that the sheer size of the place; it felt like a castle dungeon.

Nick marched me silently down several flights of stairs and turned down a corridor. I was still limping and moaning from the pain on my ass cheek. He put his finger to his lips and looked at me sternly. I sealed my lips for dear life and continued breathing fiercely through my nose. He opened the door to his room, peeked inside, saw it was empty and pushed me to walk in ahead of him. I hesitated a moment. He turned his head. I was trembling and so very afraid. I really wanted to run away but there was a voice in my head (more like a choir of voices in my head) telling me it would be worse if I tried to get away. Where would I go after all? And what would he do to me once he caught me? I knew I couldn't hesitate for more than a few seconds before it would increase his volatility so I slowly walked into the empty room. I heard the door close gently behind me.

I was standing in pitch black. I could hear my heartbeat in my ears. Nick slid his hands slowly over my shoulders and down my arms.
"You're trembling," he said in a deep and raspy voice. I swallowed. "What's the matter, scared?" he kept bringing his hands up and down my arms, playing with the goosebumps that had made their way across my skin. "If you behave, you have nothing to worry about. If I tell you to do something, you do it. It's that simple. I don't want to have to repeat myself. I don't want any hesitation from you. And keep your pretty little mouth shut unless I say otherwise. Do you understand?"
"Nick, I want to go. Please. [Safeword]. I mean it, I'm not having fun," I begged.
Nick let out a loud laugh. "So fucking pathetic. I'm not even hurting you. How can you use your safeword when nothing is happening to you? You don't know what you want, I will show you."
"No, I'm serious. I'm done, I'm leaving," I said sternly, hoping the seriousness in my voice got properly translated to his ears.
"You can try... but, I wouldn't," he replied calmly. One hand started moving over the back of my neck and one was playing in my hair. Then, quickly, he grabbed a fistful of my hair and held my head firmly in place. "I don't want to hear another word from you, got it?" He whispered roughly in my ear. I couldn't believe how terrified I was. I knew something horrible was about to happen.

Nick tossed me forward with great force and I caught myself on a bedpost. He walked over to a bedside and turned on a small light. I blinked to adjust to the light and looked around the room. There were three, metal bunk beds side by side and a bathroom door at the back wall. There were large, dirty backpacks and duffel bags leaning against the posts on the floor next to the beds belonging to Nick and his friends. He saw me looking at them.