PhilippinesxSaipan

[A/N: Thank you to @Saipan_Countryhumans for requesting this! I'm really, really sorry this took so long.

Listen up readers! I said I don't do smut and this isn't smut but it gets pretty close -- reader discretion is advised ... as well as bleach ... and some buckets of holy water. Bring reinforcements s'il vous plaît.  Real quick note before we actually start: Pansai is an inverse of Saipan and is just a cute lil nickname I came up with -- feel free to use it ^^ ('Sai' is also used as a shortened version).

SEE END FOR IMPORTANT NOTES.]

~ Third Person POV ~

"What is she even doing?"

"She's just ... just a little bit burnt out. Give her a bit of time,"

"A bit of time?! We've been here for God knows how long (because she doesn't even have the decency to write us a clock) and nothing's happened."

"Well, I mean yea, but still ..."

"You're too nice, Pansai. At least you have a defining feature ... I'm stuck here as a floating thought."

"Maybe I could help!"

"How would you do that?"

"Well, it's not like the author's coming back any time soon, and I have at least some physical manifestation ... lemme just ... one sec ..."

~And with a sudden rip in the fabric of the universe, Saipan wills himself and Philippines into existence.~

"Oh my God, I can't believe that worked," the smaller island's tails flick excitedly as he pats down his body, revelling in the sudden appearance of arms and legs. His normal, petit but fit structure is accompanied by 14 magnificent fox tails, all bushy and coppery and perfectly groomed. They complement bronzed skin and bright brown eyes, emphasising the island's energetic nature.

Philippines stands unsteadily, giving himself a once-over. He looks ... surprisingly normal, considering Saipan essentially materialised him. Legs? There. Face? Feels correct, as far as he can tell. Biceps? Yep. Clothes? Basic, but at least they're there ... Running his fingers through shoulder-length hair, he turns around slowly, disoriented by the lack of reference points. Where's the ground? And the horizon ...

"Good question!" Saipan pipes up from behind him, sounding (as ever) cheerfully optimistic, "I think if I concentrate hard enough, I can make us a box so that it's less —"

"I didn't ... I didn't say anything," Philip furrows his eyebrows as he interrupts, confused. Maybe he just spaced a bit and didn't realise he'd muttered the thoughts ... He tilts his head to the side, twisting a bit to face Saipan (since he doesn't trust himself to complete another turn) as he waits for an explanation.

"You didn't say anything, it's just that as-is nothing's really in place concerning reality and how it works so ... I guess I can read your mind? But don't worry!" Philip can hear the smile in the smaller island's voice as he presents his idea, "I'm gonna make a box and kinda just say like: 'be ... normal' and then hope for the best" (this declaration is accompanied with wriggling fingers and Philip stifles a small laugh).

"Uh, go for it. It's not like the author was very invested in world-building, so do whatever you want,"

~And with another, slightly less surprising rip in the universe, Philip finds himself regretting the phrase "do whatever you want".~

"Wow," is Sai's only response as a (surprisingly comfy) box immediately encases the two countries, barely leaving enough room to move (well, for Philip, seeing as he's tall -- Saipan is having a swell time), "you're really comfortable."