The news

(F/N) POV
We were walking to the brief as everyone was saluting in the hallway Marius looked at me "Why do they salute you? Is it rank or reputation?" I looked over "a bit of both I'd guess." He looked at the next person as we passed, it was Samantha Valkyrie 1-2's pilot, and they saluted "Hey, hold on. Why do you salute him? Rank or reputation?" She looked at me "Both, he's my CO and I've seen first hand his skill." I saluted "Hello Sam, how've you been?" She smiled "not bad, (F/N). How's Zach?" I sighed "When are you gonna ask him out? He's too scared to ask you." She giggled "I'm not sure he's into me." I looked at her "Believe me, he is. Anyway we're already late so we'll let you go." She nodded as we started walking again Marius asked "What did she mean by "he's my CO"?" I looked forwards "I have a squadron, I'm a Captain. The Valkyries, the Choosers of the Slain. Command figured giving the best pilot and gunner a squad would up the skill of the squad as a whole and that's true. The only thing that's special about my squad is Striker and I interview and select or deny the applicants." He looked up hopeful "So does that mean I could join your squadron?" I looked over "maybe, I'll talk to the commander about making you an honorary member."
          He was giddy as we entered the rainbow debrief room I raised my hand "Sir, I was the cause of Jager being so late, I asked him if he would help me upgrade my ordinance. I apologize it won't happen again." My CO looked upset and was about to speak again when the 5'9" man next to him raised his hand silencing him "Saber, was it?" I nodded "Yessir" he smiled "Why are you lying for my operator?" I stood my ground "Sir, with all due respect, I am not a liar. I barely know Jager and I wouldn't lie for most of my friends." He looked at me searching for any sign of deceit, as I stared back challenging him as I stood my ground. He smiled "I see I was right about you, you made friends with two of my operators and you're ready to lie to a commanding officer for one. You know that's a punishable move, correct? Your record is spotless otherwise why would you risk it?" I stared at him growing my signature confident smirk "Sir, I have no idea what you're talking about." I looked to my left, seeing Marius and the rest of the rainbow ops looking shocked that I'd take this as far as I have without bending to Six's confidence. He nodded "I'm sure you don't."
        He turned to my CO "Commander, if you would." He stepped forward "(F/N), you and Zach are being sent to Rainbow to help support their operations and support counter terrorism ops by providing your weapon and skills." I looked at him "Sir? I thought we were needed here for the assault into the province? What about my squadron? My family?" He looked down "Command has another Unit from the NightStalkers to take your place in the missions to break into the province, your second in command will take over the Valkyries while you're at Rainbow, I'm sorry you probably won't see most of them again for a while." I stared at him "Sir, with all due respect, She's not ready! They'll get killed! They're good but she doesn't have the leadership to get them through unscathed." He looked up "(F/N), give her some credit. She's survived every test you've thrown at her, you've trained her as your successor, you've made her one of the best pilots in the army. She'll get them home, she loves them just as much as you."  I sighed "fuck, okay. When do we leave?" He motioned to Six "sir, if you would." Six stepped forward "Saber, you'll be leaving in 4 hours with the rest of Rainbow please call me Harry." I saluted "yessir, well Eliza, I guess we'll be able to talk after all." She nodded with a smile as I turned to leave I heard Six "Saber, stay would you? I think your input from your perspective would help shine a light." I turned around and leaned against the wall "Your will, boss"
Harry's POV
I think he'll be a great addition to Rainbow. "Eliza, walk me through the operation. I want to see where it went wrong." She stood up "Well sir, we breached the building securing and searching each room. A few rooms had terrified families but other than that it was pretty empty. We were heading back to the humvees when the first crack was heard and then we were under pretty heavy fire. We got hit really hard and so quickly. It was overwhelming we all kinda froze behind the humvee before we tore out of there and made our way to the exfil, I'd have to guess around 3/4 of the way there the tires got hit and we were forced to stop. We set up a perimeter and then we set about holding it, we managed to do so before our ammo was getting low and we were getting overrun then Mike made the call for air support. This is where (F/N) and Zach appeared and quickly reasserted dominance and held our perimeter while we extracted." It seems it was an ambush, that's worrying, "So (F/N), what did you see when you saved them?" He looked down before replying "Death, I saw death." Interesting "do you feel you were death?" He looked at me, his eyes narrowed "I'm a Valkyrie, sir" the sir had a certain point to it he's not happy about leaving his "Family" I nodded "Odin's gift to Freyja, correct?" He stared at me as I continued "I believe it translates to "The choosers of the slain" Is that what you do? You choose what souls go to Odin's court?" He sighed before looking at me "what do you do, sir? Do you strive to fill the last Six's shoes? Or do you try to build something more?" Probing me I see, I replied "I like to believe I'm forging my own legacy as Six." He glared "to answer your question, yes I am the one who chooses who dies." I chuckled he's wary "No need to be hostile, I'm not trying to attack you." He sighed "Apologies sir."
(F/N) POV
       As the debrief went on I felt eyes on me, I paused as I felt the chill run through my body I looked to my left and saw Eliza looking at me along with Jordan(Thermite). I cocked an eyebrow as thermite smiled and Eliza looked away, I paused before going back to the debrief "Sir, here. This is where it went belly up." He looked at me "How do you know?" I chuckled as I moved to the map "Here, here, here and here. My thermals were glowing, Striker hit those areas first and there weren't any cars there that were glowing on my thermals meaning they were there for a while indicating that the enemies and the positions had been set waiting for Ash and her squad." He thought it over "it makes sense" I nodded as I went back to leaning against the wall as I heard Eliza "good job, (F/N)" I nodded "Thanks." Jordan walked over at the end of the debrief "Hello Saber, I don't believe we've had the chance to speak face to face yet. I'm Jordan or thermite, a demolitions expert." I looked at him "Why are you talking to me? Only Eliza and Marius came up and talked to me so what do you want?" He looked down "I want to help you upgrade your ordinance, I've never gotten to mess with a missile." I looked at him as I called Jager over "Marius, come here for a minute!" He walked over "Ja, (F/N)?" I looked at thermite "Our friend here believes he can help with upgrading my ordinance, think I should let him?" He looked at Jordan "Ja, he's one of our best demolitions experts. It could be helpful to have him on." I looked over "Meet me at my Viper in 10 minutes, we'll get to work clear?" They nodded as I left and moved to the Viper I called Zach "hey, we're leaving to go to Rainbow in 4 hours. We've been transferred I recommend you tell Sam how you feel and get ready to leave I'll be at the Viper." He sighed "Really? They pick now to transfer us?" I looked down "yeah, I was mad too. Command already said it's not up to debate I tried." He chuckled "This fucking universe, alright I'll talk to her thanks for the heads up." I hung up and moved to the helicopter, I sighed as I slowly ran my hand over her curves before lying down and opening a panel on underside of the cockpit checking the 20mm cannon keeping her clean and operable. I moved around checking everything as I called over the maintenance crew "Can you boys get these missiles off so I can work on them? And check the rest of the chopper please, keep her pristine for me." They nodded as I backed away. I waited for 3 minutes before the missile was left on the cart in front of me I slowly and carefully took it apart.