ONE

GRADUATION

part one

»»————- ☁️ ————-««

»»————- ☁️ ————-««

the girl swallowed nervously, her limbs shaking slightly. she could hear her principal grow closer and closer to her que, and she started to overthink everything.

what if i trip? what if i stumble over my words? what if i dont do them justice? what if—

"[y/n]," a voice whispered from behind her, causing her to jump. a hand was laid on her shoulder and she turned to see tenya iida, a boy she worked closely with in her years of highschool at UA.

"don't over think it too much. you're going to do great!" he said softly with a smile, his blue eyes cheerfully gleaming.

"thank you," she said, taking a deep breath. "you look great, by the way."

with his blue hair slicked back with shaved undersides, contacts, and a black tux with a blue tie, he did indeed look dashing.

he kept the smile plastered onto his face, "as do you."

she certainly hoped so; she didn't want to look like a fool in front of the thousands of people in the crowd.

or on the televised broadcast.

"and so we welcome out valedictorian, [y/n] [l/n]."

iida gave her one last pat on the shoulder before inching her out to the podium and taking his seat.

she took a deep breath as the clapping ceased. "hello, i'm [y/n] [l/n] as you may have guessed."

a soft chuckle spread through the crowd, which eased her nerves.

"as you heard, i'm the valedictorian of this year class..." she angled herself a bit more to face her classmates, "can you guys believe we're all here?"

the majority of them shook their heads, a few giving a soft "no."

"yeah," she laughed, "i can't either. it feels like just yesterday we were first years, bickering and causing all sorts of antics, as out teacher, mr.aizawa, can reminisce about.."

he sighed softly, but with a smile on his face. then he spoke up and said, "oh, i remember all right. i remember when i caught midoriya and bakugou fighting out in the middle of the night, and when ashido flooded the first and second floor because she didn't know how to do laundry.."

both the crowd and the students laughed, which made her smile. "exactly! but now we know better than to fight our allies, and to do laundry."

she gave mina a wink before continuing.

"a lot of people probably didn't expect me to be up here," she admitted, "i'm not the smartest..."

she turned to gesture at todoroki, momo, and iida.

"and i might not be the best athlete in our class..."

she turned to look at bakugou and midoriya.

"and, well, i might not even have that flashy of a quirk, but i've been described as strong willed, respectful, and, apparently an "overrall nice vibe to be around" according to denki..."

she heard him laugh softly.

she then prepared yourself.

"they also presented me with valedictorian because i wanted to commemorate some special people. people who are no longer with us."

she let the silence sink in for a second before continuing.

"and so i'll present you with the first story, about a boy and a girl, it's kind of short, maybe even bland in some peoples eyes, but the ending is a whirl... they were just sixteen..."