FOUR

STORY THREE

part four

»»————- ☁️ ————-««

»»————- ☁️ ————-««

"i'd like you to meet my friend next doors son."

her mother then waved him in before leaving to go talk to the boys mother in the room next door.

"hi," he said in a straight forward manner, which kind of caught you off guard for some reason.

"um, hi... i'm—."

"i know."

"haha, yeah..."

the air was tense, and she let out a small sigh.

"it seems our mums are friends, which is nice!"

"yeah, to be honest i was getting kind of worried about her.."

"oh?" she said, eyes meeting his, "why was that?"

he sat down on the chair across from the bed, which is where she was sitting. "she had been refusing to see anyone for a few days prior, and even before that she knew no one very well... i'm glad to see that she's finally met someone."

"yeah!" she exclaimed, smiling, "it's always nice to have someone around that you're comfortable with!"

the silence returned, but this time he broke it. "where did you apply for school?"

"UA, and you?"

"i got recommended to UA as well."

"cool!" she cheered, "maybe we'll be in the same class!"

"yeah," the boy smiled, "maybe..."

—☁️—

"so your dad's a pro hero?" she asked. a cool evening breeze waded through the air as the summer darkness set, blowing dandelion seeds through the air.

"yeah.. but i would never, in a million years, call him a hero."

"and why's that?"

"he's the one that drove my mother to her state of being unstable."

"oh..."

both of them went silent for a split second.

"...well, then we can be the shitty dad club! mine left, and yours is an asshole!"

the boy smiled, his two toned eyes twinkling.

"i'd like that."

—☁️—

"lets make a bet," the boy suggested after their first ever sports festival at UA, "lets work, and save, and we can both run away, alright? we'll be a pro hero dynamic duo, and we'll have the best life we can! we'll share an apartment, and get take out, and go to arcades... and we'll just live. okay?"

the girl laughed, "alright... where did all of this come from?"

the boy continued to smile, "lets just say i've had this idea for a while."

—☁️—

"and so we did work, and we both saved, and now, after graduation, we're doing just as we planned almost three years ago. hard work pays off." she finished.