An Apology

Shadow's Point of View

I heard gunshots non-stop outside the door. I looked down at Cosmo, and gave him a pleading look to say "Please can I fight too?" Cosmo shook his head and just said "Sorry Boy, but you know what Zak said." I groaned. 

It seemed clear to me that the only way I would be able to help the crew and actually kick some butt myself, would be to apologise to Zak and win a place in the crew - even though I really didn't feel like apologising. I sighed and waited. 

It took 15 minutes before Zak opened the door and let me back outside. Skeleton bones were all over the deck, and the big Viking, Crogar was hauling them into the ocean. I noticed sweat trickling off my brother's face, and everyone else looked the same, apart from the big dude. Either he didn't do much fighting and was pre-occupied eating or something, or he was so big and strong, that he didn't sweat at all. 

"Wow Bro, you look like you just came out of a three hour session at the gym!" I said. "Yeah, well, this is the kind of workout we have to go through every day in the Triangle. Unfortunately, you won't be able to experience it." He said. "Yeah, about that..." I started. "Let me guess... you want to apologise to me so that you can be part of the crew? Don't think I don't know you well enough to know what goes on in your head Shadow." I shrugged. Zak smiled. "Ok. Welcome to the 7C's, Shadow." "Can Cosmo come in too?" Calabrass asked. "Okay, Cal. Cosmo can join too." Zak said.