Chapter 4: Pewter City Gym The First Gym Badge!

It's the next dayKim is up a little bit earlier than Kris. They go and get breakfast and then set out for the Pewter City Gym.

Kris: where finally here! Let's train some more!

Kim: Ok and then let's go challenge the Pokémon gym! I want to battle the gym leader!
The two of them train their Pokémon really hard.

Kim: Yes Happy is evolving into Metapod, it is still pink!

She then trains more with Happy.

After several more battles..........

Kim: Yes! Happy is evolving into Butterfree.

Happy learns confusion, gust, and whirlwind. She trades A Pokémon to the professor for another one of her Caterpie. It evolves into Metapod and then into Butterfree.  Kim brings both Happy and her new Butterfree out to compare the two.

Kim: so that is what a normal Butterfree looks like! She then trades the professor Butterfree for another Caterpie

Kim: This one I want to keep as a Metapod.

Kris: why would you want to do that?

Kim: so I can have one of every type of Pokémon!

Kris: what ever floats your boat!
After the Caterpie evolves....

Kris: Ok let's go challenge the gym! Do you think I'm ready?
Her Pokémon are super trained.

Kim: You think! I think you have gone overboard!

She trades the professor the Metapod for Happy and they start walking towards the Pokémon gym.

Kim and Kris enter the Pokémon gym.
Kim: Where here to challenge the gym leader!

Brock: Both of y'all?

Kim and Kris: Yep!

Brock: Well I am sorry but it will have to wait a minute. I am talking to one of my buddies, who is also a gym leader, Lt. Surge! He's visiting me from another gym! I don't get the chance to see him often!

Kris: I want to challenge him to a duel! (Pointing to Lt. Surge.)

Lt. Surge: Oh so you think you can beat me in a battle baby!

Kris: I am not a baby! Show me your Pokémon and I'll prove it!

Lt. Surge: Well someone is sure confident! Maybe you are or maybe your not a baby! I call everyone that challenges me to a battle a baby!

Kim: Hey do you mind letting me battle you too, after Kris battles you?

Lt. Surge: Sure baby however, I want to let you both know that since were at this gym, and not at mine it will not be considered an official battle. It will not count towards the badge!

Kris and Kim: Ok that sounds like fun!

Kim: I need the training anyway!

Brock: Hey Kim! Let's have our battle now! Does a two on two single battle sound good?