•19•

———————————| Unexpected encounters |———————————

———————————
| Unexpected encounters |
———————————

Jungkook grunts, ignoring the burning sensation of the rope sliding against his hand as they slide down the side of the building. Jimin tightly hugged Jungkook, not risking a glance below them. Jimin feared heights and would have a panic attack if he saw how high up they still were. He wrapped his legs around Jungkook's waist as Jungkook held onto Jimin tighter.

They suddenly come to an abrupt stop making Jungkook's body violently jerk and hit the side of the building, shattering glass. The impact of the glass injured the back of Jungkook's head, but Jimin's arms, wrapped around Jungkook's neck, took most of the harsh blow. Trying to hang on and gain control of the rope once again, Jimin hisses at the pain of his bloody hands with glass shards embedded in his skin.

Jimin pulled back from his chin on Jungkook's shoulder to look at Jungkook's worried face. "Are you ok?" He asked. His breath fanning across Jimin's face from the close approximately. Jimin's hair was now a clutter, and as he nodded in response, a strand of blonde hair fell in his face. They tear their gazes from each other to look up at the men fondling the rope from above.

Jungkook hastily slid down the rope even faster as the ground was near in sight. "Jungkook," Jimin says against Jungkook's ear in pain. "Hurry, I can't hold on much longer." His hands made it impossible to maintain a hold of Jungkook.

The two were close to the ground when the sturdy rope finally got cut, sending them both falling. Jimin, in the process, lost his grip on Jungkook. Before Jimin could hit the ground, Jungkook turned their bodies so Jimin was on top, and he was underneath, taking the impact instead. Jungkook hits the ground getting the air knocked out of him, and a loud crack fills the cold air. Jungkook screams and grits his teeth as he tries to move, but a bone is broken.

"Jungkook!" Jimin yells, hovering over the younger. Blood smeared on his cheeks as Jimin cupped Jungkook's face making Jungkook open his eyes and blink back the tears as he looked at Jimin.

"Go." Jungkook attempts to get out through the agony. "I'm not leaving you," Jimin said firmly, looking into Jungkook's teary doe eyes. Jungkook saved and took a painful fall for him, so the least he could do was stay by his side. Let them try and kill him, but he will protect Jungkook. Jungkook's vision became lucid, and he shut his eyes to focus on his ragged breathing.

Jimin turns to look at the front entrance of his company building, watching armed men file out of the building and make their way to surround Jungkook and him. Jimin glares at the men as he cradles Jungkook's head close to his body.

"Mr. Park, let go of the boy." A man orders, pointing a gun at Jimin, but Jimin doesn't flinch. Jimin spat at the man's foot, making his statement clear. "You will have to go through me before you can lay a hand on him."

"So be it, Mr. Park." The man cocks back his gun. Jimin glanced down at Jungkook, expecting to see the younger still unconscious, but Jimin faced dark black hair with a weird black haze that looked like fire dancing in Jungkook's hair. His warm-toned colored skin was paler, with black veins littered across his body and reached just under the eyes and his eyes were black. Looking into those eyes was like looking into a void.