0.8

Waking up in a strange environment with no idea how you got there is never any fun. Throw in a missing arm and a shit load of pain and you get one hell of a pissed off Gonzalez. So when she woke up groggy and confused and very much so shirtless her normally cold demeanor turned frightening. Frightening enough to send Beth Greene running that is.

"Rick!" Gonzalez stumbled down the hallway. Her legs were weak and she was lightheaded. It was proving to be difficult to keep herself balanced with only one arm. Tears started to stream down her face. Everything hurt so bad.

"Rick!"

The moment he heard the agony in her voice he was up and running. He was supposed to be helping everyone bring they're things inside, but that idea, along with everything he had been holding, was quickly discarded. Rick sped up the stairs and caught her by the shoulders before her legs fully gave in.

"Shh," he whispered. "It's okay. I'm here now. Everything is gonna be alright."

Gonzalez closed her eyes and allowed herself to lean against him. She ignored Lori who stood watching at the end of the hallway.

"Where the fuck are we?"

"We're on a farm." Rick told her. "Owned by a man named Herschel, and his family. We're safe."

Her eyebrows scrunched up in confusion. Something must've happened while she was out. "How'd we end up here? Where's Jenner?"

Rick sighed. "Don't you worry about any of that. You need to get back into bed and rest. You've lost a lot of blood."

She nodded and allowed herself to be carried back into the room. A cry tore itself out of her lips and Rick set her down on the bed.

"Is she okay?" Lori asked in concern.

Gonzalez was full blown sobbing. "It hurts. It hurts so fucking much. Who's idea was it to cut my arm off anyhow?"

Rick looked down at her in pity. "That'd be Glenn, I believe."

"Yeah, well Glenn is a dead man." She replied.

Lori raised an eyebrow at her. "Last I checked you were on board with the idea."

Gonzalez didn't even bother to lift her head and look at her. Her eyes remain squeezed shut to avoid more tears falling out.

"Fuck you."

The next morning Gonzalez had woken up once again. This time she was less angry and an old man was sitting at her bed side. He had stark white hair and was reading a bible. He didn't even need to look to know that she was up.

"You should be in a lot less pain by now. That's if the pain killers work," he said pointing to the IV sticking out of her arm. "My name is Herschel. Welcome to my home, miss."

Gonzalez nodded in thanks. "The name's Gonzalez." She told him.

He sat the Bible down and gave her his full attention. "You got a first name?" He asked.

"Why? You ain't ever met a woman named Gonzalez?" She asked sassily. It was evident she was feeling a tad bit better than before.

Herschel chuckled. "No, I believe I have not. What's your last name then, if I may ask?"

"Gonzalez." Sh answered dryly.

"Gonzalez Gonzalez? Do your friends call you GG for short?" Herschel mused.