1.0

Shane sat on Gonzalez's bed. Her head was in his lap and, surprisingly, she was allowing him to play with her hair. She had surprised him a lot recently. First, by letting him even be within five feet of her. Gonzalez hated close contact. She had only ever done that she with Rick. Second, she was having full conversations with him. Before, she only ever really spoke to Rick. Everyone else got her usual snarky comment. Lastly, the fact that she was actually letting him be with her blew his mind.

Shane has dreamt of this day for so long. Of course, without the dead people coming back to life bit. Either way he was determined not to screw up the only chance he might ever get. So he sat there and played with her hair while she hummed a song he was sure he had never heard before. He was trying to figure out the song when she began to sing it out loud.

"Je remue le ciel, le jour, la nuit. Je danse avec le vent, la pluie. Un peu d'amour, un brin de miel. Et je danse, danse, danse, danse, danse, danse, danse."

Shane paused. The sound of her soft voice made him smile. Gonzalez usually came off as cold and indifferent, but at this very moment she seemed... sweet.

"Is that French?" He asked curiously. Gonzalez nodded and continued to sing.

"I didn't know you knew French." He looked down into her brown eyes and swore he saw the universe.

Gonzalez stares at him blankly. "I don't. I just really like that song."

Before he could answer Rick walked into the room. Shane rolled his eye at him, but went ignored. Rick paused at the scene before him and tried his best to pretend he wasn't affected by it.

    "Gonzalez," he said in a stern voice. "We need to talk."

      Shane scoffed. Every time he was having a moment with Gonzalez, Rick would swoop in to ruin everything. It was getting rather annoying. He helped Gonzalez sit up and began to walk out of the room.

Shane shared a deep glare with Rick who's stare was just as intense. "Holler if you need me," he said over his shoulder before disappearing into the hallway. It was the last thing he wanted to do, but he didn't want to risk upsetting Gonzalez when things were just getting good.

Gonzalez waited a few moments for Rick to speak, but he just stood there. Looking at her. "Is this about the dead guys in the barn?" She asked.

"You cozying up to Shane?" Rick asked sarcastically. He had a weird look on his face that Gonzalez couldn't read.

She sighed. "Well, I figured he couldn't be a douchebag all the time."

Rick scoffed. "What, so you're actually trying to be with him?" He asked angrily.

Gonzalez stared at him blankly. "Rick, honey, the barn. What are we gonna do about the barn? Or did you forget that there are more important things than our love lives?"

Rick frowned . Then his lips twitched. Then he finally allowed his mouth to settle into a small smile. "I'm sorry," he breathed out.

Gonzalez raised an eyebrow mockingly. "Gasp! The sheriff Grimes is sorry? What ever for?"

"Acting like an asshole." He said rolling his eyes playfully.

"Because?" Gonzalez egged on.

"I was jealous."

   "Wait, what?" Gonzalez sputtered

"Wait, what?" Gonzalez sputtered. "Why?"

Rick shrugged. "I'm not sure. But I know we made a promise to always be honest with each other, so I'm going to honor that."

Gonzalez nodded. "Okay. The barn?" She asked one more time.

Rick sighed heavily. "You just leave that to me."

******
Writers block is horrible bc I don't want to include the barn scene AT ALL but I have no idea how to make up for it. Anyways enjoy this filler.