Chapter 5

Noah spent the day looking after me. The poor thing. He was there for the whole day. Him, Lucas and my aunt took it in turns to watch me.

Turns out those people, Maria and Matteo and their kids were coming around again. My aunt and Maria were launching a new fashion line together. They told me I could spend the day in bed and that they weren't going to force me to do anything I didn't want to do.

I'd felt sick the whole day, thrown up six times. It was exhausting. I couldn't sleep. But by around five I started feeling better. So, I put on some leggings and a jumper and headed downstairs. Everyone was gathered in the front room. I smiled at them all. When I looked at Caden, I suddenly became very self-conscious about how I looked.

I made my way to my aunt's office, where her and Maria were. They'd wanted some input from someone younger to help broaden the age ranges for their winter collection.

"Hi, Maria it's so lovely to see you," I said with a smile.

"Oh darling, hello, I hope you're feeling a bit better. Your aunt told me you've been sick all day!" she said caringly. I smiled affectionately at her before exclaiming that now I felt a lot better.

We sat there for two or three hours discussing the new line. We'd settled on a few pieces. Eventually we made our way back to the living area.

We were all settled onto the different sofas. Me, Maddison, charlotte and Analia were snuggled up on the l-shaped sofa. My aunt and uncle had left to sort out dinner and Maria, Matteo and the boys were all sprawled out on armchairs or on the other sofa's.

Friends was on the giant TV. We all sat quietly, focused on the TV.

"Char, Aaryn, could we have a quick girl talk?" Maddison uttered.

Me and Char looked at each other before nodding. We followed her out into the hallway, and I showed them up to my room. We all collapsed on the bed. Giggling like middle-schoolers.

"So, Aaryn, what happened with Nick?" Maddie said confusedly.

"Well, he cheated on me with my best friend, Jess. So, yeah. Ha We're over now," I said looking down at my bed sheets, whilst fiddling with my ring.

"Aaryn when did you last sleep with Nick?" Maddie said quietly, muffling her voice with her hand.

"Like, what, four months ago now, why?" I said, laughing confusedly.

"Fuck, shit, fuck." Maddie uttered, hitting my pillow with her closed fist.

"What? Maddie you're scaring me!" I said seriously, sitting up and tensing up.

"Could you be pregnant, A?" She said quietly.

"No fucking way, I mean we slept together like four months ago now. I can't be... can I?" I said fidgeting with my ring, again.

We all looked at each other, the sudden fear of what could be settling in.