Chapter 7

I was curled up in bed. Almost a month had passed. I was officially five months pregnant. I went to a doctor around a week after I found out. It was November. I had gone back to school; the morning sickness had stopped. It was easy to hide, but now I was starting to show. There was a smallish bump. I did find out the gender at my appointment. I still hadn't told anyone.

My aunt burst into my room.

"I swear to god Aaryn, if you spend one more hour in this room, I will kill you myself!" She scolded me chucking one of my slippers at me.

I chuckled, then sat up, pulling the duvet around me. I was snuggled up in a pair of joggers and an oversized jumper.

"I'll be down soon, give me some time to get dressed."

"Good because Maria and Matteo are coming around tonight!" My Aunt exclaimed cheerfully, clapping her hands together.

I groaned, then freaked out remembering that all I could get away with wearing now were leggings and jumpers.

"Honey are you okay, you've been very... weird lately."

"I'm fine," I said with a small smile.

There wasn't much my aunt could do, knowing that I wouldn't open up about the problem anytime soon.

I stumbled to the closet, almost tripping on a pair of shoes. I grabbed my loosest jeans. I yanked them up my legs, fiddling to get them over the bump. These didn't have a button, thankfully. I grabbed a cute, flowy blouse, knowing it would go just below my bump, enough to hide it.

I put my slippers on. Then trudged downstairs. I collapsed onto the sofa. It was so quiet. Analia and Cara were at friend's houses, down the street. There was a loud knock on the door and so I sat up, fixing my hair.

I then got an idea. Let's kill however many birds with one stone. I bolted up to my room and pulled the pregnancy test out. I grabbed a little box and then some old ribbon. I rummaged through the memory box mum and dad kept for me and found a pair of baby shoes. I sighed looking at the pictures in there. I shut the box and chucked it on my bed.

I grabbed the box and put a sonogram picture and the baby shoes into it. I wrapped the ribbon around it and tied it into a messy bow. I picked up the box and ran down the stairs. I saw Maddie and Char and ran and hugged them. They stumbled back and we all laughed as we stumbled around the room, trying to regain balance.

"I'm telling everyone today!" I whispered to them, biting my lip.

"No way! Do you know if it's a boy or girl yet?" Char whispered between us.

I nodded my head and we all made our way into the living room. Everyone was sat down. Perfect timing.

"Okay, Aunt Bella and Uncle Jamie, I have something for you, please don't scream at me!" I said with a small smile. Everyone feel quiet and I began getting incredibly nervous. The adrenaline rush from earlier wasn't lasting.

I handed them the box and sat next to my Aunt who was unwrapping it. She tossed the ribbon aside and peeked in the box, not letting anyone else see. Her mouth dropped to the floor and she dropped the box onto the sofa. She wrapped her arms around me. We both started crying and everyone sat there confused.

My uncle suddenly joined in on the hug. I guessed he'd opened the box. We stood there for a moment.

"Well, what's happening?" Maria said, confused.

"She's pregnant!" My aunt squealed, she hugged me again tighter.

"Oh, my goodness, congratulations baby girl, you'll be a great mum!" Maria said as she stood up and hugged me. Such a motherly embrace.

Char and Maddie were up next, attacking me.

"Oh, my goodness, do you have a bump, how far along are you, is it a boy or girl?" Maria and Aunt Bella jumped at me with thousands of questions.

"Yes there's a small bump, I'm five months and it's a..."