You Don't Actually Have To Pay For A Paid Story

That's right. Your read that correctly.

I was incredibly surprised when, having read several paid stories, I found people leaving the book because they couldn't afford it. Many people were even complaining about the 'Golden Days' of Wattpad before you had to start paying to read stories. First of all, this will be discussed further in the Wattpad Etiquette chapters.

Well, I am happy to announce that Wattpad has heard your concerns. For those of you who don't have the opportunity or the means to pay actual money for a story that costs money, which, lets be honest, is the majority of us, Wattpad has created something called 'Earn Coins.'

I am fairly knew to Wattpad, but since the wonderful day that I came across this app, I have known about 'Earn Coins', so I surprised me to see that others, who have been here for much longer, didn't know about this program.

Now, I am sad to say this next part, but Wattpad Earn Coins is not available in every country. However it is available in most and is being outreached every day. If you don't have this feature available in your country yet, then I would continue to check because it should be there in the course of the next year if not sooner.

Here are the countries this feature is available in what countries is the Wattpad earn coins feature available in: 

US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Singapore, The Untied Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Israel, Hong Kong, Japan, Qatar, and South Korea.

Now, wait just a second before getting all disappointed if your country was not in that list. Just recently, at the very end of 2019, Wattpad managed to add more countries to this amazing feature. Here are the newly added countries:
Great Britain, Ireland, Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, The Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland. For now, these are the only countries with these features. BUT, don't worry. If your country was still not on the list, it might be very soon.

Now, these are the steps necessary to earning coins.

First of all, go to this screen by pressing onto your profile