Chapter 7

A/N: Sorry if you don't like the song. I have it stuck in my head.
Song title: We are the brave
Artist:Rebel Coast

Just an FYI. I'm not French so all French from this point onwards is google translate.
♪───O(≧∇≦)O────♪
Dudley's POV.
Once I had Iris in my arms I could feel her body go slack meaning that she has fallen asleep again.
"Father what are we going to do about the other lions?"
"Well Dudley, I'm going to take 50 points from every Gryffindor that has harmed her. I'm also going to be talking to McGonagall about putting a leash on her cubs." Dad said with a scowl.
"Alright dad. I'm going to take Iris to bed. Anubis should be able to look after her till morning."
Once I got to the Slytherin common room I looked at the painting. The painting was of Salazar Slytherin.
"Sir can I enter the common room to put my sister to bed?"
Salazar looked down at me then Iris that was cuddling me.
"I'm sorry lad, but only if you know the password you may then enter."
I then shook Iris awake for a minute.
"Iris you need to say the password for the common room."
She then mumble something.
"Iris I didn't get that."
So once again she mumbled, but this time it was louder and it sounded like a hiss.
I looked to Salazar and he had a shocked look on his face. The then turned to me.
"You can enter now. She has spoken the password. Also boy, make sure she doesn't speak Parthal tongue around others. It's nothing to be ashamed of but people nowadays frown upon being able to speak the serpent language."
Salazar opened the door and I walked into the common room. Draco was the first one that I saw.
"Hey Draco!"
"Hey Dudley, why is Iris in your arms?"
"She fell asleep now I need to know which room is hers."
"Left staircase, 20th door on the Left. It should have her name on it."
"Thank you Draco"
'And with that I'm off again.'
Once I found her room I placed her on her bed and tucked her in.
"Anubis."
I said looking at the panther.
"I want you go be with her at all times. I don't care if you use human or feline forms. I just want her safe. She was attacked by some Gryffindors earlier and I don't want her to be by herself."
Anubis nodded his head and climbed in bed with Iris. I walked over to her and kissed her head.
"Goodnight sister. Sleep well."
With that I walked out of her room, the Slytherin common room, and went back to my own tower and straight up into be bedroom. I said goodnight to my roommates and shut my curtains and went straight to sleep.
ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ
Time skip to the next day
ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ
Iris POV.
I woke up feeling hot and sticky. I look to me left and I see Anubis in his panther form curled against my side. I gave a small smile as I pet his head. I got up and went to the conjoined bathroom and took a shower and got ready for the day.
Once I was done getting ready I walked out of the bathroom and saw Anubis in his human form and waiting for me with my bag in his hand.
"Let's go. I'm hungry."
"Why are you going to the great hall with me? You usually go hunting."
"I'm going with you because I want to. And I'm going as a human because I want to pick my food and eat on my own."
And with that we walked out the bedroom door and went down to the great hall for food.
"Hey Iris, who's the guy with you?" Daphne Greengrass asked.
"This is Anubis, Daphne."
"That still doesn't explain why we never seen him before." Pug-face said in her annoying high pitch voice.
"And I'm not obligated to answer to you Pansy."
Ignoring all of the others talking about us we walked to the great hall. Once at the great hall everyone stared at Anubis and I. Dumbledore stood up from his chair.
"Ms. Snaps, care to tell who is with you?"
I really wasn't in the mood to be talking to people, so a sassy comment came from my mouth.
"No, not really. I just want to eat, I'm hungry." And with that I sat down between Anubis and Draco.
"So what do you want to eat?"I said looking towards Anubis
"I think I'll have some fried eggs, sausages, back bacon, tomatoes, mushrooms, fried bread and often a slice of white or black pudding (similar to bloodwurst), and coffee with milk. S'il vous plaît." (Please)
I nod my head and put stuff on his plate.
"Voici." (Here you go)
"Merci, maîtresse." (Thank you, misstress)
"Guys stop speaking French. We can't understand you." Complained Draco.
"Fine, fine. I'll stop for now, I'm not saying anything about Anubis." I said putting my hands up in surrender.
I put some eggs on my plate along with some sausages, and a slice of bread.
Father came by passing out schedules to his hatchlings(students).
"Merci père." (Thank you father)
"You're welcome my dear, Anubis."
Father said and nodded at my kitty.
ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ
Time skip to potions class (Double potions last class)
ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ
Anubis POV.
'Man I knew classes were boring because of all the kids complaining but I didn't know it was this boring.'
"Oy, maîtresse, can we go do something fun. This is boring." I said as we walked the halls towards my mistress' fathers class.
"Je ne vous retiens pas ici Anubis. Vous pouvez faire ce que vous voulez." (I don't keep you here Anubis. You can do whatever you want.)
"*sigh* Fine." I say and transform into my panther form. I follow behind Iris and into her fathers class and lay on the floor up by the front desk and watch Iris go to her seat beside Draco. Severus slammed the door open and glided in as he let his robes flow behind him.
"There will be no one waving, Or any silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle silence and exact art of potion making. However, for the select few, who possess the pre-dissipation. I can teach you how to bewitch the mind, And ensnare the senses. I can tell you had a bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper in death." Snape said as he walked up to the front where I was and stopped beside me.
'What he has to say about potions is actually somewhat deep, and he makes many good points. While positions might not be as dramatic as doing a spell, positions in this world can do a variety of things. They seem especially essential for medicinal purposes.'
"Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough to not. Pay. Attention."
Snape then walked over to Weasley who wasn't paying attention at all and was doing something on his parchment.
"Mr.Weasley! Tell me what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?"
Weasley kept his mouth shut.
"You don't know? Well let's try again. Where Mr.Weasley would you go if I asked you to find me a Bezoar?"
This time the weasel spoke.
"I don't know sir."
"And what is the difference between Monkswood and Wolfbane?"
"I don't know sir."
"Petty."
And with that he told the third years to start their potions.

ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ
A/N: I know it's short. I'm sorry for that.