Chapter 2. A Quirk?!

Previously On "Be There!"

           You're probably wondering what just happened. Well, in my young age, I hadn't immediately realized it, but I was the one who did that. The woman in black was the first person to express concern for me. When I saw she was going to be hurt, something inside of me snapped. I lost focus on my surroundings. It was just me, the woman in black, and the villain. Without realizing it, I subconsciously swapped their positions.

---

          "Hey kid. Don't be so scared. I'm right here. Now, nothing can hurt you." Eraser Head said, unintentionally saying the words that would shape that boy's future.

---

          Oh yeah. I should probably mention. This is the story of how I became, The Worlds First Male Hero!

(--<-->--)

3rd Person P.O.V. Following (Y/n)

          After being taken to a warm building, (Y/n) and Eraser Head were sitting across from each other, while waiting for some people that she had called. Aizawa had been trying to ask him questions, but (Y/n) was still a little shaken to give a proper answer.

          "Hey kid, what's your name?" Eraser Head asked.

          "(-(L-(L/n) (Y-(Y/n)." The boy answered, nervous due to the situation he's in.

          "Hey, don't be nervous. I need you to answer my questions." Aizawa requested, trying to calm him down. Getting a nod, she continued.

          "Ok. Now, I need to know. What happened in that alleyway? I was about to take the hit, but I gave the hit instead. Did you do that?" the pro heroine asked.

          "I don't know." (Y/n) answered.

          Shoko was going to continue, but the people she called messaged her back. They were out front.

          "Alright kid, I need you to stay here. I've got to meet some people outside. I'll be back in just a moment." Eraser Head instructed.

          Waiting patiently for the hero, while trying to avoid the gazes of people who were confused at the situation or held contempt for the fact he's male. After a minute or 2, Eraser head came back, but not alone. With her was someone else. She was a mouse, bear, whatever the hell, who had white fur and a scar over one of her eyes.

          "Hello, Little one. My name is Nezu. I hear your name is (L/n)." the woman introduced, taking a seat across from him.

          "That's right." (Y/n) answered.

          "Well, (L/n). If you don't mind, I'd like you to try something, but we can't do it here." Nezu requested, scaring (Y/n) a little.

          "Hey, kid. It's ok. I trust her with my life. She won't hurt you." Aizawa said, calming (Y/n) down.

          Nodding in acceptance, the 3 made their way outside of the building and went to where no on could see them. When they did, Nezu pulled out a pencil and a pen, then addressed (Y/n).

          "Alright now, (L/n). Eraser Head told me something about you. I just want to test out a theory. Can you please focus on just these 2 objects?" Nezu asked, placing the pencil and pen in front of him.

          Doing as he was asked, he focused on just the pen and pencil. At first, nothing happened. If he'd turn his head to the left, he'd notice Eraser Head's hair standing and her eyes glowing red. But after 30 seconds of (Y/n) comically focusing on these 2 objects, Aizawa blinked and the writing utensils swapped positions with each other. (Y/n) widened his eyes in surprise.

          "Well, would you look at that? It seems, you're something special young man." Nezu commented.

          "What do you mean?" (Y/n) asked.

          "Well, let me tell you. I'm sure you know only females have quirks. Well, my quirk is called High Specs. I'm an animal with a quirk that let's me be smarter than humans. And her quirk is called Erasure. When she looks at a person, she cancels their quirk." Nezu explained.

          "I don't understand." (Y/n) admitted, causing Nezu to chuckle.

          "Well, neither of our quirks allow us to swap things like that. And the only other person here is you. That tells me that, despite being male, you have a quirk." Nezu explained, surprising (Y/n).

          (Y/n) couldn't respond with words. This night had been a confusing one for him without a doubt. While he was lost in his thoughts Nezu and Aizawa started talking about what to do with this information. When they reached a conclusion, they addressed the boy, who looked adorable lost in his thoughts.

          "(L/n). Listen close." Aizawa exclaimed, getting the child's attention.

          "The way we see it, there are a few options. As fascinated as I am by the idea of a male with a quirk, I think it would incite too much panic if the information got out. Whatever you decide to do, we can't stop you. But, I ask that you please only share this information with the truly trustworthy." Nezu instructed.

          "Yes ma'am." (Y/n) answered.

          "Good. Now, I think it's time we get you to your parents." Nezu said, causing (Y/n)'s eyes to widen and his breath to hitch.

          He quickly ran and clutched to Eraser Head's leg.

          "P-p-p-ple-please don't." (Y/n) pleaded behind his panic.

          "Hey kid, what's wrong?" Aizawa asked, leaning down and patting his head.

          "My m-m-mo-mommy. Sh she hi- hi-" (Y/n) started, but was unable to finish as he clung to Eraser Head for dear life.

          Despite not hearing it from his mouth, both pros heard it from his soul. Whoever this boy's mother is, she was an abuser.

          "What about your dad? Do you know him?" Aizawa asked.

          Feeling his head move left and right on her leg was answer enough.

(--<-->--)

Future (Y/n) P.O.V.

          That admittance led to a series of circumstances. They couldn't just go in guns blazing with no proof. It took time, but my mother was finally caught and placed into a temporary jail facility. Even to date, I don't know how she turned out. But even though she hurt me, I hope she did turn out alright. When I look back on it, I became strong enough that she couldn't hurt me again a long time ago. But, I was too immature to be willing to forgive her. Regardless, After I was taken from that home, I was put in a special foster care system. Normal foster care houses take both boys and girls, but often times males are heavily targeted, so they implemented special male only foster care places. Then, as the time passed, the memories of that night became fuzzy, but the words she told me would forever stick with me.

          That night was when I decided I would use my power to save people.