Chapter 14. Sports Fest

Sorry for the late release. Today kept me busy.

          Previously On "Be There!"

          "Wow, Midoriya! These are great!" (Y/n) beamed, flashing another bright smile.

          The words caught her off guard. She turned around to see his reaction, only to be met with his bright smile once again. Seeing it, her cheeks blushed red and she smiled in return.

          "Thanks!" Midoriya returned, smiling just as bright.

---

          "If I'm stronger than you, why is it I couldn't beat you. What's the difference between your strength and mine?" Sakura asked.

(--<-->--)

3rd Person P.O.V. Following (Y/n)

          One week had passed since (Y/n) returned to classes. That means that today is the day of the ever famous U.A. High Sports Festival. We see currently the entirety of Class 1A in a waiting room they were specified. Everyone was wearing the U.A. Gym clothes. Amidst the conversation, (Y/n) remained quiet. He was thinking to himself. He had some worries as he had woken up to his left shoulder being in more pain than it normally is. What was most worrying was he was taking care of it as he was instructed to, so he didn't know why it was hurting.

          "Calm down. It's just one day of activity. You'll be fine. Just get out there, have fun, and do your best." (Y/n) thought to himself, a clear face of discomfort adorning his features.

          "(L/n)? You ok?" Uraraka asked, noticing his discomfort.

          Drawn out of his thoughts, he looked over to her. Quickly composing himself, he tried to play it off.

          "I'm fine. Let's do our best!" (Y/n) answered, smiling at her.

          Uraraka could tell he was lying, but decided to press no further. She would have liked to be told what was wrong, but  didn't want to push someone she barely knew. After a few more minutes of waiting, they received their notice to enter the field.

          "Class 1A Emerges!" Present Mic exclaimed loudly into the microphone.

          This was proceeded by calling out all the first year classes. As all the students were gathered, Midnight took to the stage.

          "Hello, Everyone! We are gathered to hold today's Sprots Festival. Before we begin, a message from our freshman representative, (L/n) (Y/n)." Midnight called out into a hand held microphone.

          Upon the declaration, there were a few reactions. Some cheered, simply happy that the event would progress. Others booed because of the fact that it was a male. However, everyone wondered why a male was the representative when it should have been a much more capable female student. In the large grouping of students, there were some similar reactions. however, the most surprised was an indigo haired girl that seemed dead tired. Ignoring the general reaction, (Y/n) walked up to the podium.

          "I'll keep this brief. I understand a lot of you don't think I'm capable because I'm a male. That doesn't change what I have to do. I'm going to give it my all. I'll be aiming for the top with everything I've got. Hopefully you all give it 100% as well. That's all I wanted to say." (Y/n) simply stated as he took to the podium, a a serious face on his features.

          The reaction he got was once again mixed. Many booed the fact that a male was the one to give the mini speech. Some actually cheered out of respect for his attitude towards the Sports Festival.