Chapter 12. Healthy Recovery

Previously On "Be There!"

          "It's no problem. Now, onto the matter at hand. To put it simply, I't a miracle your son is alive right now." the doctor started, filling the audience with nervousness.

---

          "I'm not angry. He made a choice full well knowing the consequences. After all, what kind of hero puts himself before others? You were all doing what you could. So, not right now, but when he returns to class, put a little effort into the thank you, alright?" Tomio exclaimed, with a smile.

---

          "No buts! I made the choice. And, just so you know, even though it hurt like nothing else, I'd make that choice again, as many times as it takes, in a heart beat. " (Y/n) exclaimed.

          Midoriya, left without words, cried. For practically all of her life, she was put down by others, save for her mother and All Might. She didn't know what to do, so she ran up and hugged him. She clung to him a little to tightly, however.

(--<-->--)

3rd Person P.O.V. Following (Y/n)

          We open today to the sight of (Y/n) dressed in black shorts and a black t-shirt. Today would be the last day of his physical therapy. He walked out of his room in the Hospital and made his way to the P.T. section and met his therapist. Her name was Matsumura Megumi. She had a quirk that allowed her to check the physical condition of people, seeing things ranging from stiff muscles to damaged internal organs

          "Hey, Ms. Matsumura." (Y/n) announced as he walked in.

          "Ah, (L/n). How are you feeling today?" Megumi asked, turning around to face him.

          "Eh, shoulder's a little stiff, but otherwise ok. Also, this is like the 7th time I've asked you to call me (Y/n)." the young hero in training answered, grabbing his left shoulder.

          Over the course of his healing, he was overall ok, despite the pain. He was very fortunate that he didn't get injured in other places. The main exception to this was his left shoulder. It did heal, but it was damaged enough that it would never quite be the same. But, if it could still move, then (Y/n) would use it to whatever end he could.

          "Well, that's to be expected. Anyway, let's begin." Matsumura exclaimed.

          (Y/n)'s physical therapy was fairly simple. He did all kinds of stretches. Things like arm swings, legs swings, and waist swings. He also did toe touches, behind the back shoulder stretches, and a few others. When they finished with those, they moved onto some basic exercises. Sit ups weren't really a problem. He had the most difficulty with push ups and pulls ups. He would get to a decent amount before his left shoulder started to ache. At which time, he stopped. This would proceed for a while, until the day had passed.

          "Alright, (Y/n). That'll be all. Today was your last day. You'll stay at the hospital one more night and you'll be discharged tomorrow morning." Magumi announced.

          "Ok. Thanks for everything." (Y/n) returned, slightly bowing to his therapist.

          "Not a problem. It is my job, after all. I expect you get plenty of rest tonight. When you get back to school, stretch regularly. Most importantly, don't abuse your shoulder. The rest of you healed enough that you should be fine to participate in the Sports Festival, but you have to take very good care of that shoulder." the therapist explained.

          "You got it." (Y/n) returned.

          The day done, (Y/n) went back to his room. He stayed until morning, where Arakaki picked him up. Fortunately, because of (Y/n)'s situation, Arakaki wouldn't have to pay for any of this. U.A. would cover it because he got the injuries under their watch and care. The most horrifying part of this experience for (Y/n) was the scolding he was promised when he got home. Let's just say, (Y/n) hopes to never get on Tomio's bad side again.

(--<-->--)

3rd Person P.O.V. Following Class 1A Girls

          Whilst (Y/n) is engaging in his final day of physical therapy, we see the sight of the rest of Class 1A. The time is roughly at the start of the school day. They are sitting in their seats, making idle chit chat until Aizawa walked into the room.

          "Alright, everyone. I have a big announcement today." Shoko asserted as she walked into the room.

          In response, everyone put their conversations on hold and listened to their teacher. When she reached the teacher's podium, Aizawa continued.

          "We've already informed you of the upcoming Sports Festival. I hope you've all been using your break from Hero Fundamentals to prepare. What I want to talk to you about today concerns something else. He hasn't been in class for a while, but today was his last day of Physical Therapy. (L/n) will be in class tomorrow." Aizawa explained.

          Many of the students were happy. After he had been decimated by the Nomu, during the few days he hadn't woken up, many of them had visited him. The few who didn't were Sakura, who still mildly resented him from their Battle Trial, and Katsumi, who always resented him because he's male, even more so since junior high.

          "Hey, that's great! Did his recovery go alright?" Kirishima asked.

          "He's fine. Doctors suggest he stays out of the Sports Festival to recover a bit more, but if I know him, that won't happen." Aizawa answered.

          The bid announcement made, Aizawa allowed Mic to enter and the school day proceeded. When lessons were over, the students were dismissed as Hero Fundamentals was still on it's break. The day done, Isami pulled over Iida and Uraraka.

          "Yes, Midoriya?" Temi questioned as she walked up to the greenette.

          "Well, since (L/n) saved me, I want to do something for him to thank him when  he comes back tomorrow." Midoriya answered, somewhat shyly and a small blush present on her face.

          "That's a great idea! Do you have anything in mind?" Ochako beamed.

          "Not really. That's why I wanted to talk to you guys. I was wondering if you could help me out with ideas." Isami admitted.

          "I see. Well, I don't think any of us really know all too much about (L/n) to know what he likes. However, you remember what he said at the hospital. I think he'll be happy to just return to class as normal." Iida commented.

          "I guess. I just really want to repay him, you know?" Isami responded.

          "I understand. Truthfully, I have no idea what (L/n) might be interested in. Good luck in figuring it out." Temi offered.

          "Thanks. I'll probably ask my mom when I get home." the emerald lass exclaimed.

          "I'm sure you'll figure it out. You got this!" Ochako exclaimed, cheering on her friend.

          Their day done, all 3 of them headed for the train station and made their ways home. When she arrived, Isami asked her mother what her thoughts on the matter where.

(--<-->--) 

3rd Person P.O.V. Following Sakura Todoroki

          Just after being dismissed, Sakura had made her way home. Along the way, she found herself asking questions that she had been asking ever since the Battle Trial.

          "Just how is it that (L/n) is so strong? All my life, I've been strong enough, but I just can't imagine myself beating him. Even though I managed to put a temporary stop to that brain villain and he got pulverized by it, why is it that he's stronger than me?" Sakura often thought to herself.

          Ever since their fight, the seeds of doubt had started to bloom. She tried and tried to think about it, but she could never find an answer to why he was as strong as he was. Fed up with it, she made a decision.

          "I'll ask him tomorrow. I'll ask him how he got so strong." Sakura declared, putting aside her thoughts for the rest of the way home.