Chapter-13

Jameson

"Uncle Jamie, Do you like Amy? Am I gonna be your second favorite girl then?" My niece asked with a sad pout on her face.

Do I like her?

Every time I see her I have this ardent feeling to be close to her. I like that she is clumsy as hell and how she talks a lot when she's tensed. I like that she is so carefree and says what she feels. I like that she is strong and can protect herself without anyone's help. I like her happy face when she sees food. I like so many things about her.

"Who put that question in your head Lay?"I asked picking her up into my arms.

"Dad was telling mom that you were smitten by Amy and you like her so much," she said playing with my hair.

I love Layla, she is a bundle of joy in our family, Dad is crazy about her. If he sees her crying he makes the whole world upside down to get what she wants.

"You will always be my favorite Lay and no one can compete with you," I told kissing Layla on her cheek.

"He..He. Uncle Jamie your beard tickles," she said giggling and I tickled her more to make her laugh. she was trying to stop me with her cute little hands laughing out loud.

"Let's go before your grandpa gets grumpy," I told her and we went downstairs to the Theater room to watch movies.

Everyone settled in by the time we went down there. Dax and Piper are in the left corner, mom and dad are in the middle, and Amaya and the twins are in the right corner.

Yeah, Amaya is going to spend the weekend with my family, I was the happiest person at her decision to stay with us.

When Dad and Mom knew that her family was out of town and she was babysitting Ari and Ani alone, they insisted she stay with us for the weekend.

Layla pleaded that she wanted to spend the night with the twins and Amaya had to say yes to her cute face.

Who can resist my cute niece?

I went and sat in the middle of the rooms. Ani jumped to my side as soon as settled down. I am now sitting with Layla on left and Ani on right with my eyes on Amaya.

Ari talks to Amaya a lot but not with others so I guess she is the shy one.

Amaya is wearing Piper's clothes, I guess she is not comfortable in them but she looks so cute in that dress.

I know she didn't want to come here but I'm glad she is here rather than alone in her house.

All the kids wanted it to be a Disney marathon, and no one in the family has the audacity to say no to all these kids.

By the end of the movie Brave, I looked over only to find Ari and Layla sleeping. And they were hugging Amaya who was sleeping like a baby.

Yup! My own niece ditched me and switched teams. She went to Amaya in the middle of the movie as she was more fun than me.

"Let me take Layla upstairs to her room," said Dax getting up from his place.

"Don't do that, you will wake up all three of them. Let them sleep here." Dad said getting ready to leave.

"I don't wanna sleep. Can we watch another movie Shaurya?" Ani asked my dad rubbing her eyes.

She looks so tired but she doesn't wanna sleep.

"Jamie you stay with Ani and watch the movie." He said and left along with the others after saying goodnight.

And right now we are watching frozen. Ani slept during the first 10 minutes and now it's at the song where she makes things with Ice.