Chapter-18

Amaya

Let me tell you a thing or two about Indian weddings. Firstly, this is my second time seeing it, the first one was Niya's. It's been two days, and they had like 4 events in those days. There was Haldi, and Sangeeth on the first day. Haldi was just like a Holi party and I had so much fun drenching others in the water, mainly Divya. The next day was Mehendi and Making the bride cause the wedding was the next day. Whew! it was fun and tiring at the same time.

Everyone's appalled to see me here except for Divya's mom who is my other aunt Sailaja. No one knows that Divya and I talk to each other. Heck, no one even knows or cares about me and my sister, they abandoned us after my father's death.

I never knew that my dad had 2 sisters and a brother. The look on Laxman Uncle and my so-called paternal grandmother's faces when Divya introduced me was worth watching. 

The good part of me coming here was that I got to know all my cousins and there are 8 of them, All my life I had Ananya, Arjun, and Dru but now I have 8 more people on that list. I called Niya and introduced them all, there are 5 girls (Spandana(27), Divya(24), Sharmila(25), Rachana(21), Ravali(18), and 4 boys Rajiv(26), Neil(24), Ram(22), Santosh(15)) to be precise. 

Who knew I had a really big family?

Laxman uncle and his mom pass snide comments about my upbringing, and my grandparents. So, Divya made me stay away from them. She thinks that I'm hurt by their comments and says sorry every time they say something. To be frank, I don't care about them, I'm here for Divya and it's her big day, so I will try to tolerate them.

I prepared myself and went to see Divya who was getting all dolled up for the wedding. I am wearing a lehenga which is a gift by Sailaja Aunty. All my cousins are in the room and Divya is looking like a goddess.

"Oh my god!! Divya you look fantabulous, I'm sure your husband won't be able to keep his hands off you." I said hugging and kissing her on the cheek.

"Amaya Akka(sister), you are ruining her makeup. All my hard work is going to waste, look there is your lipstick mark on her cheek," said Ravali my second aunt's youngest. Just to annoy her I put on more lipstick and kissed her too.