Depression: Part Two

Nathaniel's POV:

*-- Next day at school --*

I walked down the hallway turning into the classroom, expecting to see Marc. Surprisingly, he wasn't here. 

"Have any of you seen Marc?" I asked.

Alix shrugged. "Kim wanted to talk to you," she told me.

"Kim? Why?" I questioned. 

"Can't tell you, go see, or listen for yourself," Alix responded. I looked at her curiously, but she refused to say more. 

"Alright. Do you know where he is?" I asked. 

"Nope." 

I sighed. I had only a few minutes before class started. Kim better be somewhere close. I headed out the door, nearly crashing into Kim. 

"Kim! You said you needed to talk to me?" I said, looking behind him to see if Marc was there.

"It-it's about Marc," Kim said between pants, "He needs you." 

"Marc? What happened?" I asked worriedly, "Did he get hurt?" 

"Just follow me," Kim said and motioned towards the bathrooms.

"Right."

Kim's POV:

*-- Five minutes ago --*

I ran around the school, searching for Marc. I had to talk to him before he did anything dangerous.

"Marc!" I yell. "Marc?" 

Dashing into the bathroom, I checked in every stall. Finally, in the bathroom on the top floor, I heard a noise.

"Marc?" I asked.

"K-Kim? What are you doing here?" Marc asked me quietly. He had a small tool in his hand, but he quickly hid it. 

"Marc, I have to talk to you about something," I say sternly. "This note..." I take the note I found out of my pocket, "What is this all about?" 

Marc stared at me for a moment, trying to speak, but nothing came out. He suddenly burst into tears, grabbing onto my shirt.

A/N: Don't worry our Tomato Child comes soon, this isn't a Marc X Kim)

"Marc?" I ask again, softly.

"I-I- I don't know," Marc sais between sobs. 

I didn't know what to do or say. I wasn't a very emotional person; I had never consoled a person before. Just then, I remembered what Alix said about Nathaniel. He was someone Marc trusted, wasn't he? 

"Marc, uh, stay right here," I order. "I'm going to get Nathaniel." 

I'll admit it: telling a self-harming person who wanted to commit suicide to stay somewhere all alone wasn't the brightest of ideas. But what else could I do without causing a scene?

"Nathaniel!" I shout, running through the hallways. What class did he go to again?

I open the door to Miss Bustier's class, just to be met with Nathaniel.

*-- Back To Normal Time --*

Nathaniel's POV:

Kim had already run back into the boys' bathroom. I arrived a few moments later and was shocked to see Marc and Kim on the ground. Marc was grabbing tightly onto Kim. 

I felt a small surge of jealousy; I quickly scolded myself for it. Marc was hurt, or worse, I shouldn't be jealous!

I grabbed Marc off of Kim and hugged him. 

"Everything's going to be all right," I whispered. Marc whimpered into my shoulder, hugging me tightly.

"What's this all about?" I mouthed at Kim.

He showed me a small, folded note. I read it in horror. My grip around Marc tightened, and I put my head closer to his.

"Oh, Marc, we all love you! Never say that, or write that about yourself!" I told him. Marc looked up at me with those emerald green eyes of his. 

'He's cute,' I thought. 'Really cute.'

 Kim gave me a look that said 'I'll tell the principal about this'. I nodded and held Marc closely.

"You know, Marc..." I started to say.

"Hm?" Marc sniffled and looked at me. Too cute.

"I... I meant that 'love' part I said." I finished.

"W-what do you mean...?" Marc asked me.

"I mean, I... I really love you," I say, not knowing what to expect as an answer.

"Really?" Marc glanced up at me.

"Yes."

Marc snuggled up closer. "... Me too." 

Kim and some other teachers dashed into the bathroom, looking worried. 

"Is everything alright, Marc?" One of the teachers asked.

Marc smiled faintly. "Everything's fine now because Nathaniel is here for me."

I blushed. "So... no more suicidal thoughts or self-harm?" I hoped.

"Uh-huh. You're worth living for." Marc hugged me.

Kim started to speak. "Sorry to interrupt your happy moment, but we called your parents, Marc, and they want to have a talk with you."

Marc began to stand up and walk to the teachers.

"I'll see you later, Nathaniel," he told me.

A/N: yay another cringey chapter guys pls help me I dont know how to do happy and love fr